OCR in two passes

craigEEE

I've got some garden walls I'm doing, we've used MS-20 but didn't think it would dry enough to be done in 1 day so have done it as a scratch coat method

Anyone else do this and also does the base coat need to be fully dry before we 2nd coat?

I've got some garden walls I'm doing, we've used MS-20 but didn't think it would dry enough to be done in 1 day so have done it as a scratch coat method

Anyone else do this and also does the base coat need to be fully dry before we 2nd coat?
Good idea . Yes the base coat needs to be dry . The suction will pull in your second coat nicely and rub up better . I’ve tried Ocr without a scratch coat and find it slumps .

We use Weber OCR as a two coat.

Have you ever gone onto Weber OCR scratch on a hot summers day...not recommended, did it once never again.

If you are 2 coating with Weber OCR...do it same day in 2 passes...or if leaving it put waterproofer in the scratch.

Or better still use Fassa KI7 no waterproofer needed and no micro cracking.

Personally I’d use Johnstone’s high performance render . Put a coat on , notch it , bed mesh in , top coat it next day and sponge float it flat as a witches tit . It’s mint gear . 10mm beads btw

Have you ever gone onto Weber OCR scratch on a hot summers day...not recommended, did it once never again.

If you are 2 coating with Weber OCR...do it same day in 2 passes...or if leaving it put waterproofer in the scratch.

We just dampen the scratch coat before topping in the summer.

Personally I’d use Johnstone’s high performance render . Put a coat on , notch it , bed mesh in , top coat it next day and sponge float it flat as a witches tit . It’s mint gear . 10mm beads btw
Is that bricks ? If so might give it a go only really do sand and cement.

I push for Johnstone's gear on nearly all my work, unless the customer has a preference,
I think it's one of the best and priced well

Is it the base coat or one coat stuff? just been looking on there website.
Same stuff mate . They do a key coat primer (RendAid) but you only need that if the brick work is bad for example where you’ve chopped off old stuff . I did back of my house with it . Straight on no problems then I put silicone render on top but you don’t have you van just sponge it to plain Face if you want to

Even going over OCR on a cold day is a pig, it sucks like an amsterdam hooker.