Ocr

claremont

Hi
I’ve got some Weber ocr plain face to do Monday and Tuesday onto base coat which is gonna be slow, I’m worried about getting a finish on it before we lose daylight.
Has anyone tried accelerator in ocr ?
Or have any ideas?
Thanks

does it shrink back on base coat as well?
I have been using mapei through the summer but thought Weber would be ok this time of year.

Get it on by 10am you’ll be finished by 4 pm without any accelerator any way mate , still be light until 4.30-5

U just can't say with render tbh. If u use the same render all year round u get to know what times u are going to get. But still the odd time u will still get caught out

I have used Wickes and it set ok. you might get slump cracks on a base coat more so if you play with it. I prefer to ibar back now so air getting into the texture makes it go surface dry faster.

If you are going to be back next day first thing then put some last mixed left over in a plastic bag and put it into a fridge or bucket of water left out, use it next morning to fill any slump cracks in.

Hi
I’ve got some Weber ocr plain face to do Monday and Tuesday onto base coat which is gonna be slow, I’m worried about getting a finish on it before we lose daylight.
Has anyone tried accelerator in ocr ?
Or have any ideas?
Thanks
I bar it like mono it will go off like a dream but I’d of used ms20 as no cracking

Hi Vincey
Yeah went fine thanks,
I sprayed 70 m2 on today and finished about 4.30.
Picked up ok and seems like there is a lot more lime in Weber ocr than there used to be? Finished really good.
I put about 30 m2 on yesterday and no splits in it this morning so all good.
Thanks mate

I’ve never had splits or cracks when I’ve done it in two coats. Problems I’ve found happen when one coating OCR ironically

Ive got a question fo yal

Im doing a labour only job,

Brickwork
Microgobetis
6mm beads
Fassa ki7 ( similar to ms20 with waterproofer)
Full mesh
Primer
Acrylic

Seems odd to use 6mm. Guessing same day it and just i bar back ?

Ive got a question fo yal

Im doing a labour only job,

Brickwork
Microgobetis
6mm beads
Fassa ki7 ( similar to ms20 with waterproofer)
Full mesh
Primer
Acrylic

Seems odd to use 6mm. Guessing same day it and just i bar back ?
If it’s 6mm it must be poly modded. I split the base coat up in winter. Blocks/bricks can be wet/damp and mortar lines can be a problem with the coat being so thin.
I bar isn’t needed on thin coat.

If it’s 6mm it must be poly modded. I split the base coat up in winter. Blocks can be wet/damp and mortar lines can be a problem with the coat being so thin.
I bar isn’t needed on thin coat.
The one I was on today
EB71BEC0-ECB3-4269-BC4F-2F127137155C.jpeg

@BigBish when it’s poly modded too it will tear if you play with it when it’s started to bind.
Get it as flat as you can, some leave it flat and some sponge it.

Ill just trowel it on and use an long edge to check for hollows.

Probs spatch it as well.

I usually do 10mm at least and would bar it flat. Wont be doing that as i reckon it will pull it off at that thickness.

Thanks for opinions and sorry to OP for hijacking thread.