One coat monkeys

John j

Mono Don
So after using speedy to flatten yesterday . I thought i bet I could get away with one coat today.
So off I when few questions. Is it best with tapered boards and when you go over scrim do you let it set or get over it wet. I went over it when it had pulled right in and got a few blisters.
Plus side I started after lad and I.m done 40 mins before him
20181212_121225.jpg

Tapered boards I would fill all the tapes and when it starts to stiffen up hit it all. If it’s dried then a coat of pva if needed

So after using speedy to flatten yesterday . I thought i bet I could get away with one coat today.
So off I when few questions. Is it best with tapered boards and when you go over scrim do you let it set or get over it wet. I went over it when it had pulled right in and got a few blisters.
Plus side I started after lad and I.m done 40 mins before himView attachment 29755
The camera doesn't lie John, that wall was plastered by a robot not you.

Plus side I started after lad and I.m done 40 mins before himView attachment 29755

Not telling yerr get foooked!

Everyone calls me & @algeeman ruff though we tell you all every day piece of piss to 1 coat on plaster boards!!!

I do know a spread who 1 coats board and by 1 coat I mean 1 . Not laying down same mix like posh c**ts me n zombie.

I have tried it and done it in small areas but for me, skim pulls in fast on board so is less hassle to just lay it down. Perhaps i put it on to thin to warrant 1 coat.

I’ve also been quicker on board against a spread who 1 coated and sponged it up. By the time he filled all the joints and beads. I was laying mine down.

Each to their own

There must be a reason 80% 2 coat. the theory of 1 coat is the joints get filled first so they end up 2 coated. There’s a reason for that. But the structual integrity of 2 proper coats is stronger thus less likely to crack. I think!??
It's prob had two on tape . I think cracking down to a lack of dots one edges.......

You no what John I've had just about enough of spending an extra three hours away from my kids when I can achieve not far off the same finish and get home handy.
Two coats same bucket speeds Kim straight after 1st coats laid in then crack on as normal jobs a good un I'm done and off home now

Attachments

• IMG_20181212_151119.jpg
    IMG_20181212_151119.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20181211_150113.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20181212_151105.jpg
    IMG_20181212_151105.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 237
You no what John I've had just about enough of spending an extra three hours away from my kids when I can achieve not far off the same finish and get home handy.
Two coats same bucket speeds Kim straight after 1st coats laid in then crack on as normal jobs a good un I'm done and off home now
On board sack second coat. Put first on thicker. Speedskim. Then steel .Then just wait lol.i feel like I did nowt today . And like I said lad started before me and I bet It was a good hour before he had finished

On board sack second coat. Put first on thicker. Speedskim. Then steel .Then just wait lol.i feel like I did nowt today . And like I said lad started before me and I bet It was a good hour before he had finished
Ye fair play on boards 100% I'd normally disagree to all that but theres more to life than working your life away I feel better for it and so will the kids instead of missing them at night.
Fair play John make it easy on the body as long as it paints well who cares

Ye fair play on boards 100% I'd normally disagree to all that but theres more to life than working your life away I feel better for it and so will the kids instead of missing them at night.
Fair play John make it easy on the body as long as it paints well who cares
Till other day I was two coat . Then I pulled speedskim out to have a play .just put idea in my head to try one coat and came up a treat. Though was prepaired to 2 if it went pete tong

Right I’m trying this tomorrow. One good coat . Speed skim then steel trowel. Do I fill any beads out first ?

Done a bit today on a small ensuite wall to use some gear up. Posh one coat, quick sponge, trowelled up...bang on.

Someone shown me how to one coat onto boards years ago . I started doing it and it looked mint . Can’t remember why I went back to 2 coating . Maybe it was some s**t boarding I had to cover or some reskimming . Anyway gonna give it a bash again tomorrow just on the board and two tight coats with same stuff on the pva walls .