One-coat over Vandex BB75

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEHplastering

Hi my name is Dave. I was wondering is it possible to use one coat plaster (limelite) over Vandex BB75. The vandex is keyed with brush finish at the minute but thinking of keying with tyrolean.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

i always use limelite over thoroseal or ka tanking slurry and is fine...not tried any vandex products though

Can you still buy theroseal? Not seen that for years.

Acril 60 was meant to be mixed in with it, not seen that for years either.

Travis near me stock ka tanking stuff. If u remember right we stopped using it when it became hard to source.

Yea i see the ka there too ...

The travis in cheltenham do thoroseal but they are a superbranch
stocking stuff smaller branches dont (limelite too)

Yeah I have been in Cheltenham branch it's massive. I can never find what I want.

Last time I was there they had K rend in pallets in the 1 shed, I thought that stuff bought to order.

Why do you guys put lime on walls prone to damp ?

Do you know lime is a hydrated material, you may as well dot and damp standard plasterboards on the walls.

Nothing just plaster while the tanking is still wet/green. Because they are both cement based they cure together.

I use limelight (not a real lime plaster it contains cement)
Because its lightweight....does not contain sand (perlite instead)
Anti salt and condensation.....

Dri coat, limelight renovating, triton renovating, biokil crown renovating. These are the ones I have used in the past and as far as I remember they are all the same.

Whats the KA tanking slurry stuff like? Is it worth using, its half the price compared to vandex etc

Dri coat, limelight renovating, triton renovating, biokil crown renovating. These are the ones I have used in the past and as far as I remember they are all the same.

dri-coat has got gypsum in it

oh yes, thats why i never use it, renovating plaster is twice the price of dri-coat but worth the peace of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.