Over skim

Members online

carys

Doing a over skim next week one wall. the wall perfect spark be ther so need to fill socket and one chase reveals are spot on. What I usually do when reveals are Ok just feather in to the bead How many of you would put new beads and re do reveals on over skim?

Depends if the last spread filled to the beads or scooped them. Re beading scooped beads skim goes on about 5mm, skim doesn’t like going on 2mm sometimes.

Doing a over skim next week one wall. the wall perfect spark be ther so need to fill socket and one chase reveals are spot on. What I usually do when reveals are Ok just feather in to the bead How many of you would put new beads and re do reveals on over skim?
Takes no more time and a very small amount of extra work. No brainer to put beads up, and looks a much better job. only time I would skim to old bead is if their was a radiator under the window and the customer didn't want to take it off

Depends if the last spread filled to the beads or scooped them. Re beading scooped beads skim goes on about 5mm, skim doesn’t like going on 2mm sometimes.
Guess so you can get away sometimes best job rebead and depends customer whants

Depends , quite often beads are proud of wall so would scrape back and not rebead

Takes no more time and a very small amount of extra work. No brainer to put beads up, and looks a much better job. only time I would skim to old bead is if their was a radiator under the window and the customer didn't want to take it off
I alway take the rads of myself, each to there own though.

My point was ,,,, check the bead with a straight edge against the wall , horizontally in the case of vertical bead , the wall might already curve in away from bead , if you stick another bead on top you could be making life difficult