Overboard a lath and plater wall

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickie

Hi I am new so I may have posted this in the wrong forum.

Basically I have an internal lath and plaster wall in a 30's semi, the wall is currently papered but the plaster is not solid in large sections behind.
I wish to replace the lath and plaster wall with plasterboard and tape it up, however I am unsure whether I can (1) board directly over the original lath and plaster, or (2) should remove it.

(1) Would be much cleaner but would it cause problems, architrave etc is not an issue in this instance.

Thanks in advance.

you can re board it I have done this many times , now bear in mind if there is a door opening the caseing will have to be built out and you will have to take skirting off. Should you strip out it will be very dusty but at least you will be able to pick the studs out more easy.

chop it all off and replace with plasterboard.bit dustier but better job ,that way you can leave all woodwork and cornices in place,
as long as your careful and take your time ,bag up as you go it shouldnt be to dusty , if skirtings and architraves wasnt a problem then i would board over
hope this helps.

id knock the wall down and put a new one up using breeze then get warrior round to brick effect it :RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.