Overnight stay

Members online

lurpak

Artex Boy
Need some recommendations.

Looking for a nice place to go on Saturday and stay over with the lady. Nice hotel, nice meal etc. I was thinking of York, but we’ve not long been there. She mentioned Manchester, I’ve not been before.

Any recommendations

Chester is a lovely day and night out. I'd recommend the queens hotel next to the train station. Easy to get to by rail and has a massive car park if driving. York is a lovely day out and the city is fill of history and interesting building especially the shambles area. Chester gets my vote of the two though. It's a bit bigger with more bars and restaurants etc. Manchester is ok if you haven't been before but it's very busy most of the time.

Birmingham. Hotel Novatel Broad st. Park under in their car park. Best breakfast ever but book direct. Nice walk along cannel from Broad Street Bridge to the mail box and eat at red peppers.. You can see red peppers roof on Andrew marr Sunday morning show. Or paignton royal hotel as you can stay on site for everything. Make sure you book ASAP!

Last edited:
Birmingham. Hotel Novatel Broad st. Park under in their car park. Best breakfast ever but book direct. Nice walk along cannel from Broad Street Bridge to the mail box and eat at red peppers.. You can see red peppers roof on Andrew marr Sunday morning show. Or paignton royal hotel as you can stay on site for everything.

Too close I’m just outside Birmingham

Think hee'll want something nicer than red peppers if taking the Mrs away.Better off going up cube and having a meal in Marcos,nice bar up there aswell for drinks.

OK. Your brum.. Radisson blu Bristol then. Right on the edge of harbour side... Loads of places to eat. Always something going on. Places to look at. Ss great Britain with 1 year return ticket. M shed for history and free. Big shopping centre complex. Or just stagger about. Whatever. Nice place. Not to overwhelming

We just been up there . Just thought bowness was more quirkie then Keswick. Like a place you could have a nice chilled afternoon sesh. Only went Keswick for few hours
if u ever in Keswick again let me know if im going we could meet up for a crack the fist drinks on u haha