Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Negative paddle best

Votes: 12 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
A couple of weeks back we bought an Alfra Eibenstock 1800w mixer.
Well the problem I've got is that it was supplied with a positive paddle which I didn't notice when purchasing. We've only been using it for five days to mix board adhesive and it's bloody useless. Even with the soft start it throws the gear up at you from the centre of the bucket and just doesn't mix the gear as well as the other three mixers I've had, all of which had a negative paddle.
I went back to where I bought it and told them that IMO it wasn't fit for purpose, they said they'd look into it.
So today they contact me and say that their supplier says that the positive paddle is what they always fit and that it's the best all round paddle for plastering. So before I call the supplier I'd like to hear your opinions, especially Mr. Refina and One stop plasterers shop or whatever you're called as fellow suppliers.

I don't know positive and negative paddles. But i know what you mean (i think). My paddle pulls everything down into it and mixes in a flash but my mate has one that pulls everything up and you are forever chasing the powder around the bucket to get it mixed because the powder gets thrown to the edges.
I hate his mixer, and yes that spits at you.

a positive paddle pulls the gear up to you and a negative paddle push's it away from you ! i have both, the negative one is good for skim, dry wall and bonding but wont do sand and cement which the positive will!! i

We sell all our mixers with the MR3 paddle, this, as brim described, mixes the material from top to bottom to ensure the mix stays in the bucket. We call this either a reverse spiral or left hand paddle. This is regarded as the best paddle for pretty much everything NOT the positive one.

The positive paddle (MR3R) mixes from the bottom of the bucket to the top.

If i were you, i'd go back to the supplier and say you want the left hand spiral paddle that mixes from top to bottom as this is the best thing for the job.

Hope this helps mate

Andy i noticed that they come with a positive paddle when i was looking at the same mixer, madness that they seem to supply the machines with a positive and they either come with a 120 or 140 paddle. 160mm Negative is the way forward. IMO

Andy i noticed that they come with a positive paddle when i was looking at the same mixer, madness that they seem to supply the machines with a positive and they either come with a 120 or 140 paddle. 160mm Negative is the way forward. IMO

Do you know what I didn't even think to look when I was offered the machine at what I thought was a good price.
Why didn't I check, well because this is my fourth machine (two Collomix and one Refina previously) and they all had the negative paddles.
As I'm sure you'd guessed I already knew exactly how these paddles work (or don't) but wanted the opinions of others, especially that of Refina, so thank you for that.
I've now got the ammo I wanted to go back with on Monday.

Can someone describe what a positive paddle does opposed to the negative?

A positive paddle is always keen to get going and likes to dive straight in and start mixing. where as a negative paddle dosent wanna get on the van on a cold winters morning and really needs alot of encouragement to get going.............:RpS_thumbup:

maybe stupid question ...but doesnt that mixer the Alfra Eibenstock 1800w mixer have reverse? i have no clue as we cant buy those type of mixer here ...atleast not readily

Well I spoke to people at Alfra today and they were totally unhelpful and insisted that if the paddle they supplied wasn't the best for the job that they'd have known about it by now. Tossers.
So off I went to Millcot Tools where I'd purchased the mixer. Now I'd mentioned the forum to them in the past and told them about this poll and I think most importantly the response from Refina. This along with me quite forcefully telling them that what they'd sold me wasn't fit for purpose, resulted in them giving me a nice shiny new paddle.
So a big thanks to all (9) who entered the poll and an even bigger thanks to Refina.
All's well that ends well.

Well I spoke to people at Alfra today and they were totally unhelpful and insisted that if the paddle they supplied wasn't the best for the job that they'd have known about it by now. Tossers.
So off I went to Millcot Tools where I'd purchased the mixer. Now I'd mentioned the forum to them in the past and told them about this poll and I think most importantly the response from Refina. This along with me quite forcefully telling them that what they'd sold me wasn't fit for purpose, resulted in them giving me a nice shiny new paddle.
So a big thanks to all (9) who entered the poll and an even bigger thanks to Refina.
All's well that ends well.

What do i win for entering the poll...............:RpS_thumbsup:

Andy is yours the 1800w ? what did you pay for it ? mine just turned up today with a 160mm neg.

Yeah mate 160mm paddle, 1800w two speed, Alfra Eibenstock. I paid about £275.
Alfra reckon all the machines they sell are fitted with positive paddles.

mines not the alfra its just the eibenstock 1800 variable speed 2 gears 160 whisk jobby but the paddle was a nagative one if your mixing a 3 bagger or more if feels like it pulling you into the bucket haha

tight southern ****............:RpS_thumbdn:

Oh alright then I'll buy you three pints up the local Friday evening, is that better?

mines not the alfra its just the eibenstock 1800 variable speed 2 gears 160 whisk jobby but the paddle was a nagative one if your mixing a 3 bagger or more if feels like it pulling you into the bucket haha

Yeah we had some boards to stick yesterday and do you know what, the gear was mixed lump free in half the time and it all stayed in the tub whilst mixing rather than all up my sons legs. Oh Alfra what experts you are. Plumbs!

Oh alright then I'll buy you three pints up the local Friday evening, is that better?
maybe if i still lived in colly i would have accepted..........:RpS_thumbdn:

once the negative is on its a bloody good little set up mixes up really quick and always lump free, surley anyone wouldknow to put a positive on a paddle that big on a mixer that powerfull, that your goin to knock up and plaster the walls/floor at the same time, on a smaller paddle in a less powerful machine you can get away with a positive

Status
Not open for further replies.