Parex over paint

Members online

Rossi46

Private Member
I’ve got a job to price and the builder is hoping he can save on time and money by leaving the solid well painted render on and getting a mono finish.
I’m thinking micro, parinter with mesh and pinned then the monorex. Has anyone ever done this with Parex?

Thanks

Mark

I’ve got a job to price and the builder is hoping he can save on time and money by leaving the solid well painted render on and getting a mono finish.
I’m thinking micro, parinter with mesh and pinned then the monorex. Has anyone ever done this with Parex?

Thanks

Mark

If no preference id go with a thin coat silicone 1.5mm finish.

Much lighter

Thanks

Mark

Hi mark, and welcome to the forum...
Yes that’s fine, just make sure your paint isn’t flaking, if it is I’d recommend a power washer to take the loose of prior.
5mm bed of parinter, with 355 5 mm mesh left a few days, top coat of monorex. You don’t need to micro it, straight on with the parinter as this binds to the paint with out a need for a primer.

Hi mark, and welcome to the forum...
Yes that’s fine, just make sure your paint isn’t flaking, if it is I’d recommend a power washer to take the loose of prior.
5mm bed of parinter, with 355 5 mm mesh left a few days, top coat of monorex. You don’t need to micro it, straight on with the parinter as this binds to the paint with out a need for a primer.
Thanks for the welcome Richard. Also thanks for the nod on the Spec. I know you’ve got a lot of experience with the old Parex.
:numberone:

You don’t need any mechanical fixings, parinter is a stand alone product it’s just making sure your painted substrate is sound, you could always do a stres test, to be double sure.

You don’t need any mechanical fixings, parinter is a stand alone product it’s just getting making sure your painted substrate is sound, you could always do a stres test, to be double sure.
It’s not a big deal to throw some pins in anyway though rich. Damn sure not to come off then. 20 mins and a few quid for pins.

It’s not a big deal to throw some pins in anyway though rich. Damn sure not to come off then. 20 mins and a few quid for pins.
It’s up to you but not necessary, parinter eats into the surface of the paint so you’d get a good bond in any case.

I’d add a picture of a big painted house we’ve just done, but I don’t know how to add pictures on here :tonto:

I’d add a picture of a big painted house we’ve just done, but I don’t know how to add pictures on here :tonto:
If it’s a pic on your phone then click on the little tab underneath the box you type in. It should go straight to your photos. Tag the photo and let it upload.

If it’s a pic on your phone then click on the little tab underneath the box you type in. It should go straight to your photos. Tag the photo and let it upload.
Then when it’s got to 100% pick the full photo option

37678FC5-7F52-45CB-A071-0C0489B06670.jpeg

Would vimark be a consideration too ?
Rasolite I have used on smaller areas and didn’t need any mesh in it also sponges up to a lovely finish, would save a lot on material costs too

Thanks

Mark

Hi mate,

Parinter, Mesh and Monorex will be fine, no need for pins normally.
Check it’s not an oil based paint as parinter won’t work with this.

Ensure all the loose paint is off also.

If you need a price, please let me know

I have got about 1500 Hilti pins and mushrooms and a almost new Hilti DX 460 to fire them with. £120.

Got a almost new Hilti dx 460ie as well.

Hi mate,

Parinter, Mesh and Monorex will be fine, no need for pins normally.
Check it’s not an oil based paint as parinter won’t work with this.

Ensure all the loose paint is off also.

If you need a price, please let me know
Cheers Ryan I’ll do that. Thanks for the advice too.