Parex

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Using monoblonco on a job in couple of weeks over duro blocks chatting to guy working with on it says they will be micro first then straight on with the gear , question I have is at these temperatures am I best to spray in afternoon and scratch next day or can same day scratch be achieved with good weather conditions , only used the material twice so appreciate any advice, also last time used it needed new rs after spraying 70 bags is that common with this gear or was I spraying to thick
Thanks

@Lox told me a few weeks ago Parex have been tampering with MonoBlanco and to be careful, he was right. Bit of a t**t to work with at the minute, setting faster than before and I was finding slumping more so than before.

Overnights are still possible but wouldn’t chance it with MonoBlanco at the minute I’d probably go Fassa or eco rend just for less stress.

We sprayed 70 bags yesterday G20, started at 15:30 done for 17:30 and was lovely to rub up just now (just watching lads clean up)

If your going through R&S that quick are you sure you’re not spraying gear a bit too thick? 70 bags is a bit extreme.

Hope this helps

Thanks lads appreciate you guys advice, yes rigsby 18mm , glad asked now as had gut feeling it’s the one guys don’t really like will see if builder bloke will swap manufacturers

Spray loads of it never had any issues over a 1000 bags last few weeks alone. It’s a stand alone product ie not like monorex due to the high marble content to get the stark white.
If in doubt just get some accelerator in it for same day, it’s like any other product if you use it all the time you know the traits.

I haven’t heard anything about altering it since they tweaked it last year, any further alterations are a new one on me.

I haven’t heard anything about altering it since they tweaked it last year, any further alterations are a new one on me.

On the flip side, I’ve spoken to 2 large distributors of Parex and both have told me the are getting nothing but bad feedback on MonoBlanco.

Some of what’s been mentioned

Gritty, possibly a reason why it’s eating R&S

Slumping more than usual, most proper renderers will know MonoBlanco doesn’t like to be messed about with as much as your standard monorex

Setting faster which is what I was pre-warned about and experienced myself

Colour not being as white as it should be.

Chuck in the fact they’ve just been sold to Sika and changed the weight of the bag I wouldn’t be surprised if they have been messing about.

On the flip side, I’ve spoken to 2 large distributors of Parex and both have told me the are getting nothing but bad feedback on MonoBlanco.

Slumping more than usual, most proper renderers will know MonoBlanco doesn’t like to be messed about with as much as your standard monorex

Chuck in the fact they’ve just been sold to Sika and changed the weight of the bag I wouldn’t be surprised if they have been messing about.
I must not be a proper renderer then...
It has to be lads not knowing how to use it then, it’s a different product from monorex so has a different composition.
It does pick up quicker than monorex but it’s always been like that for the last 15 years weve been using it.
They’ve altered the bag to meet an eu directive that single bags can not exceed 25kg, they will all go that way.

I must not be a proper renderer then...
It has to be lads not knowing how to use it then, it’s a different product from monorex so has a different composition.
It does pick up quicker than monorex but it’s always been like that for the last 15 years weve been using it.
They’ve altered the bag to meet an eu directive that single bags can not exceed 25kg, they will all go that way.

Now I didn’t say you weren’t a proper renderer, I just offered a different opinion.

Everyone like you and myself, know MonoBlanco is different, that’s besides the point. An opinion only, and one shared by a lot of good renderers and suppliers getting the feedback saying it’s been shite since Xmas isn’t just from guys who don’t have a clue.

Now I didn’t say you weren’t a proper renderer, I just offered a different opinion.

Everyone like you and myself, know MonoBlanco is different, that’s besides the point. An opinion only, and one shared by a lot of good renderers and suppliers getting the feedback saying it’s been shite since Xmas isn’t just from guys who don’t have a clue.
Opinions are like arseholes... everyone’s got one.if I did find issues with it I’d be the first to complain as would the lads that work for us.

Using monoblonco on a job in couple of weeks over duro blocks chatting to guy working with on it says they will be micro first then straight on with the gear , question I have is at these temperatures am I best to spray in afternoon and scratch next day or can same day scratch be achieved with good weather conditions , only used the material twice so appreciate any advice, also last time used it needed new rs after spraying 70 bags is that common with this gear or was I spraying to thick
Thanks
It’s a great finish and nice product if you have experience with it ! What machine you using pal

Hi Vincey
I’ve just been asked to render three houses in scratch render over Durasol block system.
Is this the same as what you are going over?
If so I spoke to Weber and they won’t spec it as they say it’s untested as the blocks are made of concrete and woodchip and suggest it might fail so can’t give a warranty on it?
Do you have any info?
Thanks

Hi Vincey
I’ve just been asked to render three houses in scratch render over Durasol block system.
If so I spoke to Weber and they won’t spec it as they say it’s untested as the blocks are made of concrete and woodchip and suggest it might fail so can’t give a warranty on it?
Do you have any info?
Thanks
Only parex have a spec for this pal

Sorry I think I replied to wrong part of thread!
Do you have experience with this system lox?
And could you offer advise please?

Hi Vincey
Do you have any info?
Thanks
We render frequently over durisol built houses, as I have an ongoing contract with a substanable building outfit.correct Parex are the only one to warrant it. We always apply a base over it, and it's down to how good the durisol has been laid,
There's no suction though unlike 7n block it's like rendering over a plastic sheet.
This time of year is fine to render over, but I wouldn't entertain it in autumn or winter as they retain water.

We only do it with the old Blanc du Literal and now the Mono Blanco. Although we have also patterned and banded (basic pargetting) with the G00. It worked well.
Without painting ? Did you ever had any variation in colour or finish ?

Without painting ? Did you ever had any variation in colour or finish ?
Always done as a stand alone finish and it has always dried out a beautiful even colour. With the pargetting I'd always warn that there could be some shading but to be honest on that sort of finish it would be quite in keeping anyway.

external-18.jpg
external-10.jpg

We sell absolutely loads of Monoblanco, probably our best selling colour and the feedback is extremely mixed.

In all honesty, we haven't had feedback about it eating R/S quickly ourselves, but I have read it quite a lot - normally, the guys who are experiencing issues with machines are using electric machines - those using Diesel never seem to have an issue with Monoblanco, most probably down to the batch mixing and allow the material to 'sit' in the hopper for a short time. With the electric machines, using MB your margin for error is so small, you have to have the exact setting and it has to be 98% right, if not, 100%.

Slumping, as you say, that is down to 'messing' about with it. With Monoblanco, you have to leave it alone a lot longer compared to Monorex

We have had a couple of colour issues. However, when we have looked into this, this is down to water content, the guys were trying to overcome the slumping and achieve a same day scrape so didn't put enough water in. This almost made it appear a J20 colour. One of the most important things in Monoblanco is the water content, if this is wrong it will be a headache.

Bag sizes are coming down across the range of bags. I am confident in saying they haven't changed any formulas - its not as simple as that due to all testing and regulations.

As @owls says, it is a very different material to Monorex and some people dont have the knowledge of the material and apply it the same as they would any other Render. It is definitely worth having a play with it to find different methods to suit

We sell absolutely loads of Monoblanco, probably our best selling colour and the feedback is extremely mixed.

In all honesty, we haven't had feedback about it eating R/S quickly ourselves, but I have read it quite a lot - normally, the guys who are experiencing issues with machines are using electric machines - those using Diesel never seem to have an issue with Monoblanco, most probably down to the batch mixing and allow the material to 'sit' in the hopper for a short time. With the electric machines, using MB your margin for error is so small, you have to have the exact setting and it has to be 98% right, if not, 100%.

Slumping, as you say, that is down to 'messing' about with it. With Monoblanco, you have to leave it alone a lot longer compared to Monorex

We have had a couple of colour issues. However, when we have looked into this, this is down to water content, the guys were trying to overcome the slumping and achieve a same day scrape so didn't put enough water in. This almost made it appear a J20 colour. One of the most important things in Monoblanco is the water content, if this is wrong it will be a headache.

Bag sizes are coming down across the range of bags. I am confident in saying they haven't changed any formulas - its not as simple as that due to all testing and regulations.

As @owls says, it is a very different material to Monorex and some people dont have the knowledge of the material and apply it the same as they would any other Render. It is definitely worth having a play with it to find different methods to suit

We spray a good few 0000 bags per year of MonoBlanco and we know it is a different animal to the rest.

However, the point I was making is that a few people had complained to me about it and therefor I asked others if they had problems to which they had, the problems I heard of were listed above. They might be true they might be BS, the only very slight difference we saw was a quicker setting time and a bit more slumping, was out of the ordinary but we worked with it and got the job done.

The information I posted was only what had been mentioned to me over the past 3 months from various guys, well respected guys who spray and sell thousands of bags a month, like both you (Ryan) and Owls do.

If you haven’t had an issue or a complaint then fine, we haven’t complained or had any serious issue, it doesn’t mean one doesn’t or didn’t exist.

It could have been a dodgy batch and/or a few pallets that got sent out. It could be like you said, guys sending it through a ritmo and having a different experience with the product than those sending it through a G4.

Hopefully it is all pie in the sky because it is a very good product and has been very good seller for us.

Last edited:
****It could have been a dodgy batch and/or a few pallets that got sent out. It could be like you said, guys sending it through a electric pump and having a different experience with the product than those sending it through a diesel pump