Patching a thincoat acrylic render

Members online

omoeko

Hi All.

I have a situation where a new render which completed on tuesday, has had a little ding whilst the scaffold is being taken out. The company that setup the scaffold, I have no info on them and they are not returning calls.

The size is about say 60mm circle as pictured, the guy who did the render is not keen on coming from so far just to patch up. There are some other stains, but I believe that can be cleaned with water an a soap or just water and a piece of cloth ?

I would like to know the process of patching up and also what tools are required. I am concerned there could be water ingress from the ding.

Thanks in advance.

See the pictures
I have some of the left over finish coat material.
20180208_072821.jpg
20180208_072825.jpg

that doesnt look right.... looks like you have 1 long strip of wash off....
and being new render that unfortunatly will not wash off as it willof embedded in tacky gear...
you will unfortunatly see the join when patching

What is the way forward ?
It hurts that a new render has a ding like this ?
Are you saying where new render has been stained with what appears to be soil it cannot be cleaned ?

The ding can be repaired to a point but the render itself doesn’t look right. You have that strip which is a different colour for some reason but also making good the ding is easier if the rendering is good to start with but making good up to to bad isn’t that easy.

It will be a diy disaster rigsby, he’s been on here pestering with other threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky b*****d. When the scaffers finished a nursery I was doing last year, it looked like there'd been an effin mortar attack:berrinche:

Applied straight to brick work good job that is :D :D LOL hope it was at least primed otherwise your top coat will be as good as your paint on brick work :)