patching

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott

never worked on site before but just been offererd a job patching just wondering what the crack is a did some patching on my course n it was easy what is patching like on site?

Any sort of patching is shite i'll try and avoid it at all costs i give refurbs a wide birth if they want it patched as opposed to over set your normally patching into wall paper where you here those famous words "just go up to that if you can" load of bollox thats my opinion for what its worth :-/

patchings tricky mate never look down on a good patcher ,it is easier to reskim whole walls but if it's just say chases it wont merit a reskim, i'd get a big flask plenty of food and take it steady, patching takes time :)

i hate patching with a passion! i liked it then realised it looked turd when it was painted after trying so hard to get it right so i for one am a firm believer of filling the hole and skimming the whole wall, i may change my mind at some point once i can actually get it right tho  ;D

the idea with patching is to make it look like you have not been there, it is easier to skim whole walls or ceilings, however it is a good starting point

Can do patching no problem just saying a lot of the time its false economy. i've patched walls before where youve got almost as much patches as exsisting wall and all coz that's what they wanted.Obvously you can't skim a whole wall for a few chases but sometimes it gets a bit silly.Perhaps i've been on the wrong jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.