Pebbledash patching

jimmyb101

I'm looking to try and sort out a poorly patched pebbledashed render after a roofing job. What is my best option if I want a near enough seamless finish?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 528
Do you mean the small patch above the rosemary tiles?

It needs lead fitting over it. Strike a chalk line 150mm up and cut through the line with an angle grinder install 300mm lead. Cant see any other bad patching.

The chimney I would do the full front facing panel, just go over with an over coating dash receiver.

Ah.....the chimney. Knock the front panel off and redo. It looks like ordinary pea gravel. Probably nothing to do with the roofer more like water has got behind it as there is no drip on the brick course. Bad pointing can cause water penetration.

Thanks for the replies. Yea the small patches immediately above the rosemary tiles. Can't do anything with the chimney, as that is the neighbours! None of the properties on the terrace have lead flushing and I'm in a conservation area; I can see how that would work though. You don't think someone could patch that up to a close match that wouldn't stick out then?

Thanks for the replies. Yea the small patches immediately above the rosemary tiles. Can't do anything with the chimney, as that is the neighbours! None of the properties on the terrace have lead flushing and I'm in a conservation area; I can see how that would work though. You don't think someone could patch that up to a close match that wouldn't stick out then?

Without lead that wall to roof detail is wrong and lead is required. I cannot see how it would breach ant conservation rules. But any patch will show up even if you can match the pebbles. The existing render is polluted with dirt as the patch will be lighter.

To get a pebble match send a sample off to Derbyshire Aggregates in Youlgrave Derbyshire. They will have the nearest match and will post you a bag out.

Cheers, that's very helpful. Need to weigh up the options, I take it a roofer would do the lead job, know any good ones in the Hertfordshire area?

Last edited:
If that were mine, I’d have them tiles as well as the canopy looks a bit ‘undulated’. Might need the lath renewing and then fit proper lead flashing.