Persimmon homes

Vincey

Private Member
right then anyone work on these new builds , been looking to move and there is a new estate in my town 3,4 bedroom , should I go for it , are the plots really s**t or ok ish ? Not been into have a look yet until Sunday so thought I’d ask on here first .
Also do they do trade ins on house I have for sale ?
Thanks

Sack that Vincey, there’s a couple of sites near me and the workmanship makes me ill. Wanted to buy one as a shell but they wouldn’t let me as all the work was tendered out. Only wanted to get a new build at the beginning and sell it when the site was finished can make a quick 15-20k in a year for nothing. Only certain plots will be part ex, ie wanky gardens with no sun, over looking factories or wasteland. You go in the showroom give them somebody else’s number you’ll get badgered to death. Still get bombarded now with emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in all honesty...... dont.bother.....
over priced. cheap material. warranties not worth a w ank....
Thanks dan , I’ve been looking round my town can’t find anything, was thinking even if I moved in new for a few years I could always sell it and move again, just seen the part exchange thing ,still looked like they wouldn’t buy mine and then I move into a new plot so I gonna have to wait to sell mine by looks of it anyway

Unless it was a new build built on land I bought then you wouldn’t catch me buying a new build.

They are just thrown up, everyone is on a poor price and just knocking out in volume to make ends meet.

Thanks dan , I’ve been looking round my town can’t find anything, was thinking even if I moved in new for a few years I could always sell it and move again, just seen the part exchange thing ,still looked like they wouldn’t buy mine and then I move into a new plot so I gonna have to wait to sell mine by looks of it anyway

Sell up and rent for a while, something will always come up. Your out the chain then, can get things moving quicker.

I love new builds personally and have owned 3...

But just remember just like buying new cars you pay a little premium for but g new so dontvthink it's going to go up in cost over a short time as market can go up but your remain the same or even less...

part ex then sell on is only one winner and thats the builder... it will cost you bigtime

right then anyone work on these new builds , been looking to move and there is a new estate in my town 3,4 bedroom , should I go for it , are the plots really s**t or ok ish ? Not been into have a look yet until Sunday so thought I’d ask on here first .
Also do they do trade ins on house I have for sale ?
Thanks
I know a brickie who did persimmon sites never got paid he was alarmed how many corner cutting tricks they did to get the houses done quickly. f**k it off mate if I were you. You will only have constant trouble in the future!! Get an older house and refurb it if I were you (y)

Sell up and rent for a while, something will always come up. Your out the chain then, can get things moving quicker.

That's not necessarily good advice.
Estate agents like to sell houses that complete chains within their company.
I was selling a house without buying another and the agents weren't showing many people round and didn't speak well of the property when they were showing people round.
I found out about this when I got a guy that worked for me to book a viewing of my place.

Also to add the 10 year nhbc guarantee is wa nk too, you discover a problem it would take 10 years after a lot of argument to get anything done if at all.

There was an article this week about a young couple who had brought a house and wanted to sell they had a buyer but their solicitor found a clause in the contract that the main contractor had sold the land to a land leasing company and it would go up in rates every ten years and that many mortgage companies wouldn’t lend money on these terms I will try find the link

I was selling a house without buying another and the agents weren't showing many people round and didn't speak well of the property when they were showing people round.
I found out about this when I got a guy that worked for me to book a viewing of my place.

Fcuk me. I thought people realised that estate agents were just robbers centuries ago.

i read that...
disgusting aint it
There's something missing in this story that doesn't add up, if they were not informed or mis informed they'd have a claim against the conveyancing solicitor, the ground rent capped at £4800 per annum max after 70 yrs doesn't seem onerous to me , but it's a daily mail story so ...

Fcuk me. I thought people realised that estate agents were just robbers centuries ago.
I can't believe that they'd sabotage a sale, maybe they were just honest and it was bad , agents are on commission,a single sale is easier than a chain ,but lots become chains anyway depending on the buyers situation , so that is a nonsense point , agents are duplicitous,sneaky and untrustworthy but it is a game and you have to play it , it's all about the £££

That article is a prime example why the government put an end to the leasehold houses. It's just doesn't make sense. You buy a house but then someone else owns the land underneath you. It was a long going scam. People also idiots not reading the small print, same goes with solicitors. If that couple wasn't made aware of this then they should seek compo as John said.

I can't believe that they'd sabotage a sale, maybe they were just honest and it was bad , agents are on commission,a single sale is easier than a chain ,but lots become chains anyway depending on the buyers situation , so that is a nonsense point , agents are duplicitous,sneaky and untrustworthy but it is a game and you have to play it , it's all about the £££

The point is that they don't do anything. They see people who are dealing with large amounts of money who aren't used to it, so it doesn't seem real and rake it in on that basis.

Ask yourself this, do you ever see a p**i using an estate agent? No you don't.

The point is that they don't do anything. They see people who are dealing with large amounts of money who aren't used to it, so it doesn't seem real and rake it in on that basis.

Ask yourself this, do you ever see a p**i using an estate agent? No you don't.
Head shaking

There's something missing in this story that doesn't add up, if they were not informed or mis informed they'd have a claim against the conveyancing solicitor, the ground rent capped at £4800 per annum max after 70 yrs doesn't seem onerous to me , but it's a daily mail story so ...
But wasn’t there stories and one of them investigation programmes about how some of these new estates you can’t park your van on your own drive cars ok but vans not allowed

Estate agents down here like people that break chains... cant see why anyone would want a chain to continue

When me and Mrs sold our flat cos baby on way we at first went with a smaller agent one of best advice I got off @superspread was go with a bigger company as they will have targets to meet and will push it more and he was bang on the smaller ones hardly showed anyone round but big company was always saying we got another viewing and their rate was cheaper

the best thing with estate agents is to get in with them. A mate of mine buys a lot of his houses (he does a lot of BTL) before they get to market through the local estate agents.

Well my mrs has read everyone’s advice, she still wants to go have a look at the estate being built (just out of interest really) we got a few more viewings coming at weekend on ours so gets us out the way while they looking round,

Well my mrs has read everyone’s advice, she still wants to go have a look at the estate being built (just out of interest really) we got a few more viewings coming at weekend on ours so gets us out the way while they looking round,

Nothing wrong in that

i got 20k knocked off this house vincolian and borrowed it back making it a home begining of 2017....over the last 8 months ive easily spent another 6k picking up the bits as we go along....including the garden.

an absolute headache but its worth it.

new builds have problems aswell....but are well insulated...heating costs are low and its hassle free.
the country seems to be panic buying new builds.
a home is what you make it vince xx

@Vincey

Can't speak for persimmon but buying a new build is fantastic imo.

1) Nothing to spend on renovating for 10yrs

2) Warm well insulated heating efficient.

3) No stupid damp and condensation hidden problems.

4) No new roofs, gutterings soffit, bathrooms, kitchen etc

5) No wankey people's old diy to sort ie have g to rip off there want tiling,skirting, woodwork, door, door casings etc.

6) No 30+ yrs of people's want painting efforts to have to burn off.

7) No territorial neighbours that have been there 50yrs that have let there F*****g trees grow into your garden and shite.

8) Can stretch your finances and have notti g else to worry about from day 1 for 10yrs.

9) Ultimately you snag anything your unhappy with anyway.

10) ****just don't buy 1 with any render as all renders wank***

11) No upward chain

12) And most importantly your the first person to shot in your bog!!!

Don't let these peasants put you off!!!!