PERSISTENT DAMP!!

Yasmine0777

Hi all, I live in a property built around 1910 that’s semi-detached. We’ve had a problem with damp on 2 of the internal walls. We had a damp proofing company come out who recommended that we take around 1m of the plaster off, drill holes and inject membrane into the walls and re-plaster. I mist coated the fresh plaster and have painted a light green colour and can still see the damp coming through. The damp proof course was done around Jan/Feb and I thought maybe it just needed a bit of time to dry out but it’s still there. They also laid down a damp proof concrete layer in the hallway over the top of the quarry tiles as these were very damp. Any advice on what we can do next please?!!

Attachments

• IMG_1453.jpeg
    IMG_1453.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1455.jpeg
    IMG_1455.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
Wrong advice .do not let a damp company in your home ….
You also need to control humidity in your home .
Do some more pics @ external

Hi all, I live in a property built around 1910 that’s semi-detached. We’ve had a problem with damp on 2 of the internal walls. We had a damp proofing company come out who recommended that we take around 1m of the plaster off, drill holes and inject membrane into the walls and re-plaster. I mist coated the fresh plaster and have painted a light green colour and can still see the damp coming through. The damp proof course was done around Jan/Feb and I thought maybe it just needed a bit of time to dry out but it’s still there. They also laid down a damp proof concrete layer in the hallway over the top of the quarry tiles as these were very damp. Any advice on what we can do next please?!!

⬆️⬆️⬆️

He's right you know.

That's probably water vapour gathering on your cold spots now unfortunately.

Reactions: 000
OP said internal walls
@Yasmine0777 what is the other side of that wall and what is underneath?
The other side of that wall is the kitchen and to the left is the hallway. In the lounge there’s wooden floorboards under the carpet and in the hallway there were quarry tiles but these looked visibly wet they were that damp so they’ve put this concrete damp proof layer on top of them but I can still see the damp coming through now

Wrong advice .do not let a damp company in your home ….
You also need to control humidity in your home .
Do some more pics @ external
How do I control the humidity? We leave the windows open ajar for around an hour a day. I just don’t get why the hallway floor was so wet but the lounge floorboards feel absolutely fine. I’ll take some pictures of the outside ASAP but if it was a problem outside why would it only be affecting these internal walls?

Is there anyway this isn’t even damp? It doesn’t feel wet to the touch, could it just be something to do with the plaster and the paint sticking more to certain areas? Before we had the damp proof course installed the walls felt sticky to the touch