Pin holes in Silicone render

Momochi888

Hi,

Just has a silicone render top coat finish to my house. The render is covered in tiny pin holes, some areas more noticaeble than others and very noticeable in the shade. If you expand the photos, the small holes are really visible. I was not expecting this kind of issue with silicone finish. The samples I received demonstrate a smooth finish. Is this a problem with application or the actual product and should I be concerned?

Attachments

• Pin holes in Silicone render
    IMG_2323 (3).jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2201.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 18
  • Pin holes in Silicone render
    IMG_2324.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 53
Hi,

Just has a silicone render top coat finish to my house. The render is covered in tiny pin holes, some areas more noticaeble than others and very noticeable in the shade. If you expand the photos, the small holes are really visible. I was not expecting this kind of issue with silicone finish. The samples I received demonstrate a smooth finish. Is this a problem with application or the actual product and should I be concerned?

Was it spray finished?

Hi,

Too much water

Too much water
Thank you. This is likely, as the holes seem to be worse top down i.e. from where he started very noticeable and at the bottom, not so much of a concern. Is there a way to rectify the pin holes and can they cause issues long term?

Last edited: