Planning Permission

This garage had a building attached to it but it fell down many years ago :-( I want to rebuild it again but wondered if I needed planning permission again as it has been gone a long time now..

what do you guys think?

I plan on phoning the planning office as well but just wanted to know your thoughts @imago seems to have a good knowledge as well :D :D

21586988_10159322898680125_204172180310636737_o.jpg

This garage had a building attached to it but it fell down many years ago :-( I want to rebuild it again but wondered if I needed planning permission again as it has been gone a long time now..

what do you guys think?

I plan on phoning the planning office as well but just wanted to know your thoughts @imago seems to have a good knowledge as well :D :D

View attachment 19373
You might have a chance if the footings are still there also what was it used for and what do you want to do with it?

You might have a chance if the footings are still there also what was it used for and what do you want to do with it?

have no idea what it was used for but I plan on building it back up with blockwork and knock the garage through to it and that will be where my tools go etc the footings are all there like it is :D

I have no idea but i'd do what you like, how are they going to know anyway? Just make it look a bit s**t so neighbours don't get jealous and report it!

I have no idea but i'd do what you like, how are they going to know anyway? Just make it look a bit s**t so neighbours don't get jealous and report it!

there will be 3 neighbours who wont like it as they all wanted the land/property so I am expecting a bit of s**t over anything I do :D but I am not that worried as I am the kinder chap that calls a spade a spade shall we say :D

The only s**t bit will be when I render it :D

Also why don't you put a Jacuzzi inside instead of tools then you can chill with a beer. I'd love to have a garage avec jacuzzi! Just don't wank in it, mate of mine had 'fun times' in a jacuzzi and apparently stuff goes everywhere and sticks everywhere like silly string

think I may have gone off the point

Also why don't you put a Jacuzzi inside instead of tools then you can chill with a beer. I'd love to have a garage avec jacuzzi! Just don't wank in it, mate of mine had 'fun times' in a jacuzzi and apparently stuff goes everywhere and sticks everywhere like silly string

lol ok... I promise I wont wank in it :D

what do you guys think?

View attachment 19373

It doesn't matter what it was, if you're not putting up a "permanent structure" and the definition for that is very loose, you don't need planning. All the info you need is here https://www.planningportal.co.uk/

That said, I've always found that if you talk to the planning office and get someone out for a chat and a brew they're fine, and it's a good idea to get them onside first even if you don't need permission. Well, as long as you're not doing something fcuking daft like building a huge structure, trying to build a house where there wasn't one before etc.

what do you guys think?

View attachment 19373

im sure its fine....just build it.

Nice deck area and some mono raised beds would look better, some blocks around the boards too

Nice deck area and some mono raised beds would look better, some blocks around the boards too

oh vince i forgot to show you my wall i built now the plants are in it sir ....il take pic tomorrow if its fuccking daylight when im home !!!

It doesn't matter what it was, if you're not putting up a "permanent structure" and the definition for that is very loose, you don't need planning. All the info you need is here https://www.planningportal.co.uk/

That said, I've always found that if you talk to the planning office and get someone out for a chat and a brew they're fine, and it's a good idea to get them onside first even if you don't need permission. Well, as long as you're not doing something fcuking daft like building a huge structure, trying to build a house where there wasn't one before etc.
I suspect Imago is yoda

I suspect Imago is yoda

If by that you mean old enough to have seen a lot of weird sh1t and picked up some useful info along the way, then I'll take that. (y) If you mean I'm a funny looking gremlin who talks bollox to try and sound clever then I don't think I care for your attitude. o_O :LOL:

Aye right you are jess, tell truth