plaster behaving badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

regi-boy

hi guys
has anyone ever had the plaster slide and break up ? almost congealing this has happened to us recently to different extents but more frequently than not :-/ getting mighty pissed off with it tbh anyone had this happen ? or any ideas ? we thought it could be pva now we think its the multi ........ very weird and annoying

sounds like your not mixing your pva up or your getting on it too soon without letting the pva go tacky, its happened to me a couple of times when im in a rush.

I know exactly what you mean its not a good when this happens, usually find it happen on silk painted artex or flat walls after it have been pva'ed while the pva is still tacky, dont happen so much when pva has completly dried. It also can be when the skims out of date it goes a bit weird instead of going off quick it goes the other way you get that same effect and goes all spongey

yep, pva to wet or not watered down enough. if it starts to slide, don't touch it! wait till its firmed up and it should be ok when you apply your second coat.

i don't know if this is good or bad practice but if youre pva is still wet go over it with the roller again without dipping it in pva if not throw some of the plaster youre using onto the wall to create a bit of a slurry then lay into it

Found out what the problem was, it was a dodgy batch of pva, we've changed supplier and everythings back to normal. Funny thging is we won't touch pva unless it Evobond as we've tried a few other makes and they've been crap. Its the first time we've had problems with it.

ther y go, been answered...wots happenig is your background hasnt got any suction in the places youve pva'd thereby your plaster is attaching itself to the pva which hasnt stuck to the wall and the extra weight is pulling it down the wall....
end
of
multi not going off/board not going off.. another matter..
suction control...
we all do it...it happens to us all....pain when it does...plasterin is a real b'stard sometimes...im gonna be a window fitter f'ck plasterin...

Status
Not open for further replies.