Plaster & Boarding Quote

Members online

NickBel35

Good evening. I wondered if you lot could help me. I have a summer house at the end of my garden which is just a shell. I've decided to turn this into a games room.

I've had a plasterer round to vet the job and he's confirmed as there're some cracks in the wall he will have to "screw and strap" it prior to boarding and plastering to stop the walls splitting @ a later stage.

In a nut shell. For all the labour, materials and to board and plaster the whole summer house (6 x 4 metres) I've been quoted £1,200.

Is this reasonable?

Regards
Nick B

Good evening. I wondered if you lot could help me. I have a summer house at the end of my garden which is just a shell. I've decided to turn this into a games room.

I've had a plasterer round to vet the job and he's confirmed as there're some cracks in the wall he will have to "screw and strap" it prior to boarding and plastering to stop the walls splitting @ a later stage.

In a nut shell. For all the labour, materials and to board and plaster the whole summer house (6 x 4 metres) I've been quoted £1,200.

Is this reasonable?

Regards
Nick B

seems to be a theme here, do you work for a well known petroleum company?

Last edited:

Is this reasonable?

Regards
Nick B
Get 3 quotes and see.

Is this reasonable?

Regards
Nick B
Are they insulated boards

Is this reasonable?

Regards
Nick B
In my opinion that’s far too cheap! Beware cheap price, low quality of workmanship!

Screenshot_20190717-153208_Samsung Internet.jpg

Is this reasonable?

Regards
Nick B
Really impossible to tell without more info. Is he dot and dabbing standard boards or battening and using insulated boards? You're probably looking around 4 days work so it's probably not to far off a fair price but does depending on answers to above

That equates to about £15 a square metre. If that includes insulation, bite his hand off.

Is this reasonable?

Regards
Nick B
More than reasonable ! Its cheap , in my opinion .