Plaster shortage

Members online

BG boards and their drywall adhesive are both total shite!
So what's the answer if you turn up to a job and the customers got you pink core boards , you happy to put them up or do you tell them to get rid

Assumed it had better acoustic properties otherwise what's the point
Recycled shite would be my guess? BG just don't care about the usability of their products. Let's be honest none of their big customers are hands on using the shite, cost saving and market share will always be the most powerful driving force for @BritishGypsum. Us users have next to no bearing on this and are utterly unimportant. I do feel a bit sorry for Gary @The Apprentice for having to defend the indefensible.

4or 5 people moaning on a forum
Bg says get intouch if you have issue with producs & they will come see you

Then you still fookin moan
Good spreads want good plaster .But some will never understand that . Just ....oh you know.

4or 5 people moaning on a forum
Bg says get intouch if you have issue with producs & they will come see you

Then you still fookin moan

I’ve had gear tested and it’s came back faulty. The biggest concern is do they actually do anything about it. Or just following protocol then brush it under carpet.

I’m no detective but I’ve noticed online and offline more spreads than ever before complaining of bad gear, just before this shortage

So what's the answer if you turn up to a job and the customers got you pink core boards , you happy to put them up or do you tell them to get rid
The answer to your question is I would never ever let the customer order the materials for me simple mate. If they really wanted to then I would tell them exactly what I wanted to work with and No self respecting tradesman would let someone else but themselves order the materials! Same applies to the prepping on a job.

The answer to your question is I would never ever let the customer order the materials for me simple mate. If they really wanted to then I would tell them exactly what I wanted to work with and No self respecting tradesman would let someone else but themselves order the materials! Same applies to the prepping on a job.
Agree but I've been caught out , taking a job over for a friend of a friend , and onve subbing which i walked over bg boeard issue The boards will go back if they can't be used in DND , I don't even get materials delivered I pick everything up myself or they send you get any old sh.t , forklift dents , damaged even uncovered boards in the rain ,corners old bags banana stud . wickes for me every time , auction for timber and stacked for a year

I prefer they dot . Specially for steels
Shitty gloopy stuff mate, crap to mix and hard to clean off your tools! Try insta stik foam for steels it’s the nuts.

Must be a shortage of bonding 60 too.I won a bg competition and that was the prize.
Bg rep contacted me with date I could be given it,I said ideal as will be working at home that day he said can't come to home address so he'd let office know & see if they'll arrange delivery.
I've heard nothing since 10 days ago even after I offered to take pic of me with said bag in front of wall I'd be using it on if they wanted to print it on their site!
Perhaps they've seen a pic of me and I don't have the right face for bg advertising