plaster to curved wall

Members online

gonch69

hi all first post here just after a bit of advice
ive got a curved wall to plaster ive done walls in past with good results but this is bugging me
its for a spiral staircase (1400 dia) to the loft ive had the plasterers in to do loft and as staircase was not decided then this bit is down to me
any tips

Don't lose any sleep over it ,its only a wall .just crack on like you would any normal wall .

Get it on and go with with it... if it comes out bad... (which it wont) you can always sand and fill it...

Take your time and enjoy it :D

Welcome along by the way :D

Your following what's there so check it's a nice shape then crack on, if it's a bit squiff give it a coat of bonding to shape it. Pics , bloody love pics .

i always over think things which then do my head lol see if these pics work
view
view
view

to plaster a curved wall . it is best to sleep with your are wrapped around a piss pot for a couple of nights so that you can get your arm in the correct swing.

plast1_zpsuynyz2kl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
plast%203_zps44f5zfti.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• plast1.JPG
    plast1.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 476
  • plast 3.JPG
    plast 3.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 526
  • plast 2.JPG
    plast 2.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 508
  • DSC_0283.JPG
    DSC_0283.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 479
It's your own fault, should've stuck to a loft ladder like everyone else!
Spiral staircase indeed......pffft!.......:risas2::risas2:

I've done a few curves on staircase pics are on my website. My advice would be to get a decent hand spat to help follow the curvature when finishing (y)

Get it right and it look the b*ll***s. I'd love to do it. Agree with Mr Marsh a spat will make the finishing easier. Don't bother cross trowelling

This was float and set over eml. The bowl was tricky but the curve was easy.

Attachments

• IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    632.6 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_0146.JPG
    IMG_0146.JPG
    560.5 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_0732.JPG
    IMG_0732.JPG
    712.2 KB · Views: 436