Plasterboard joins

Members online

Matty2000

I like DIY projects like bathrooms and kitchen but ive never deared trying plastering and i dont plan too, but in the past i have had different plasters do 2 different methods and wondering what u would do and why? I dont seem to have had problems with either.

1) On the joints between plasterboards put scrim on and then skim the wall

2) On the joints between plasterboards put scrim and fill, sand down and then skim the wall

You mean you're going to have a go and have a few questions.

option 1 is correct, 2 is incomprehensible.

Oh Please help me!!!!

DF703C6A-A176-40A0-9350-9D9C8F174301.jpeg

I like DIY projects like bathrooms and kitchen but ive never deared trying plastering and i dont plan too, but in the past i have had different plasters do 2 different methods and wondering what u would do and why? I dont seem to have had problems with either.

1) On the joints between plasterboards put scrim on and then skim the wall

2) On the joints between plasterboards put scrim and fill, sand down and then skim the wall
No plaster in the history of plastering has ever scrimmed a joint filled it sanded it down then came back and skimmed it.

No plaster in the history of plastering has ever scrimmed a joint filled it sanded it down then came back and skimmed it.

Unless they was going to tape joint n paint but thankfully seen sense before was too late n skimmed the c**t

You mean you're going to have a go and have a few questions.

option 1 is correct, 2 is incomprehensible.

Really?? i seen many walls looking like this (see photo) which i thought was option 2?? And isnt easy fill designed to be a jointer rather than a filler.

Maybe i described the scenario i correctly

Attachments

• CE55CE5E-D51E-4047-9D34-EB8223A590AA.jpeg
    CE55CE5E-D51E-4047-9D34-EB8223A590AA.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Really?? i seen many walls looking like this (see photo) which i thought was option 2?? And isnt easy fill designed to be a jointer rather than a filler.

Maybe i described the scenario i correctly

That is called tape and jointing...you would then just paint that...

For that to look somewhere near the boarding has to 100% a d even then it's questionable finish at best....