plasterboard prices

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zolco

Private Member
Is any of you can recommend a steady supplier with rock bottom prices other than magnet? Find them cheapest around me at the moment. But was looking boards on the continent they 2000 x 1250 for 2 quid per sheet wondering if it's worth it getting it from there

the price depends on the size of your order. if you can take full lorry loads you will get a good quote.

Are the prices you're getting that bad, that you can't afford about £4 a sheet for board. Also, what good is a 2000x1250 board on 600 centred work?

Not sure why would have to be 600 centres.
I'm always on the look out for cheaper and reliable sources, if money does not matter to you that's fair enough. But at 100s of sheets That's 100£ saving that's all really.

Not sure why would have to be 600 centres.
I'm always on the look out for cheaper and reliable sources, if money does not matter to you that's fair enough. But at 100s of sheets That's 100£ saving that's all really.

studwork and ceiling joists are set out at 600 centres to take full 2400 plasterboard sheets. with 2000 sheets you will have to cut every one leaving plenty of waste material.

What you might save in board, you'll pay out in the extra labour for fitting 2 boards in the place of one. I'd certainly be charging you extra if you supplied me with Mickey Mouse boards. I bet you don't use collated screws either/

Status
Not open for further replies.