Plasterboards

Members online

Adnan M

Hi, I'm new to plastering and I was recently asked to pick up some Plasterboards and put them onto the second floor of a house. When, I picked one of them up I found it a bit difficult to do so and I was unable to take them up the stairs without damaging them at the bottom.

Does anyone have any tips, in regards to picking up the plasterboards and also any tips in regards to taking them upstairs without damaging them at the bottom?

Just remember bend your knees when you lift or it can all go horribly wrong:cry:

Hi, I'm new to plastering and I was recently asked to pick up some Plasterboards and put them onto the second floor of a house. When, I picked one of them up I found it a bit difficult to do so and I was unable to take them up the stairs without damaging them at the bottom.

Does anyone have any tips, in regards to picking up the plasterboards and also any tips in regards to taking them upstairs without damaging them at the bottom?
Get someone else to help you fuk that on your own 20 years ago yes

Hi, guys thank you for all of your replies.

I just want ask: does picking plasterboards, even big ones, become easier over time and also if you find it difficult to pick up plasterboards, even if you are a complete beginner at your job, then can you get fired?

I just want ask: does picking plasterboards, even big ones, become easier over time and also if you find it difficult to pick up plasterboards, even if you are a complete beginner at your job, then can you get fired?
Lol

When I was sixteen years old and started on site 8x4's were taped together in pairs. You were just expected to get on and move them.

When I was sixteen years old and started on site 8x4's were taped together in pairs. You were just expected to get on and move them.
When I first went on site a bloke used to carry 3 of them, I thought he was some sort of monster. Straight in and straight upstairs, gleeson homes site in bastwell Blackburn. 9.5mm for the ceilings.

I find picking up woman easy'r than picking up plaster boards these days which is why i always recommend to customers that using lath and plaster is far better . :coffe:

Went to a loft bord out few years back they'd cut the boards to get them thru the hatch..hundreds of em looked like it had been tiled..lol.perhaps its the way firward

What you need to do is pick them up in such a way as not to bump the bottom on the stairs. That way, the bottom won't get damaged.

Now in return, could you please tell me why stairs and inside and steps are outside?

Just don't be a mong and stop bashing the boards off the stairs

We always pick the big boards up 2 of us going upstairs , as they are a nightmare on your own and can be a struggle if the stairs are tight (not much room)

Local gym.. smash them 40kg dumbells. all angles. Flat, incline, decline. And eat some damn chicken and eggs f**k sake