Plastered wall not drying since December!!

johnbassili

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can help. 1930’s house solid walls no cavity, North side of the house with alleyway directly outside on the first floor. We had issues with the previous plaster that kept flaking the paint and causing damp patches. We had the roof section redone and the pointing on the other side redone too as well as sealing the bricks in that area. The plaster looked like it had blown so we decided to remove it back to brickwork and get a plasterer in to replaster. This was done in December with dehumidifier running and windows open when possible.
How is this still not dry??
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Plastered wall not drying since December!!
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 47
Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can help. 1930’s house solid walls no cavity, North side of the house with alleyway directly outside on the first floor. We had issues with the previous plaster that kept flaking the paint and causing damp patches. We had the roof section redone and the pointing on the other side redone too as well as sealing the bricks in that area. The plaster looked like it had blown so we decided to remove it back to brickwork and get a plasterer in to replaster. This was done in December with dehumidifier running and windows open when possible.
What a mess, don’t tell me someone’s been sleeping underneath that?

As requested pictures of the other side of that wall are needed for the perverted amongst us.

Hi all,

No roofer or plasterer visited your property