Plastering in bathroom issues

Members online

Gkhosa

Hi
We are doing part wetroom, rest part tile and paint. ie fully tiled in shower area floor to wall. This has the Hardi backer or cement boards. This is perfect for the tiling area. Now the issue is that some of the other area we want to tile half way up and rest paint to the ceiling.
the builders already used the cement boards for most of the other areas and they were trying to use multi finish plaster with Pva and it keeps cracking and peeling off.
they say that we need to change the concrete boards to the standard plaster boards.
Is that really necessary, is there a product, finishing plaster that will go on the concrete board that will stick so we can just paint over it ?
Please help, they want to rip out the boards by Monday!
Please send me link to exact products

thank you

Hi
We are doing part wetroom, rest part tile and paint. ie fully tiled in shower area floor to wall. This has the Hardi backer or cement boards. This is perfect for the tiling area. Now the issue is that some of the other area we want to tile half way up and rest paint to the ceiling.
the builders already used the cement boards for most of the other areas and they were trying to use multi finish plaster with Pva and it keeps cracking and peeling off.
they say that we need to change the concrete boards to the standard plaster boards.
Is that really necessary, is there a product, finishing plaster that will go on the concrete board that will stick so we can just paint over it ?

thank you
How much you paying for advice?.

No communication on what’s going on ... or builder is diy
Tile the rest half tiled looks diy !

Hi

thank you
I plastered a bathroom where the tiler had used plasterboard for half and hardi backer for the other half that was being tiled. Problem was the hardi backer came half a meter to far round the room and I had to skim it. I used Cementone stabilising primer and there was no issues. Known as green grit, or as above post says febond blue grit

For the post above regarding just pva, does the pva need to be applied a day before and left on for 24hrs then it can be skimmed?

ok so these options:
Cementone stabilising primer
febond blue grit
Bluegrit it.....(bonding agent)

+ we are only tiling around wet room and shower. Around vanity/sink its tile half way and around jacuzzi tub its tile half way, then paint like they do in Canada. It looks nicer than the whole tiled floor to ceiling! :)

Thanks so much very helpful guys.

Last edited:
Grit is for low suction backgrounds

It’s for both mate the liquid in microgobetis watered down will kill the suction so it’s like skimming plasterboard. Betakontakt kills it similar but some of the others not so sure. Even a watered down artex sealer will kill high suction dead.