Plastering over cement

Server

I currently have an area of wall that has been skimmed with new cement - it has not been smoothed, so is fairly rough (and I guess porous). I need to apply a bonding coat of plaster (before adding a skim finish).

Do I need to do anything special, do I need to add a PVA, if so how many coats?

I am not, this is another part of the wall. Any advice would be appreciated as I have only ever skimmed plaster

I'm not exaggerating but from experience, 90% of builders are awful.. I genuinely wouldn't pay them to do anything let alone plaster, they are salesmen with no conscious and are only good at robbing customers and trades alike.

I'm not exaggerating but from experience, 90% of builders are awful.. I genuinely wouldn't pay them to do anything let alone plaster, they are salesmen with no conscious and are only good at robbing customers and trades alike.
Totally agree. Give a huge price for a job and are basically just project managers, but put money on top of every trade and stand around drinking tea all day, or take an hour to PVA abit of wall to "help out". They make more off materials than I do labour on most jobs. Good work if you can get it I suppose

Totally agree. Give a huge price for a job and are basically just project managers, but put money on top of every trade and stand around drinking tea all day, or take an hour to PVA abit of wall to "help out". They make more off materials than I do labour on most jobs. Good work if you can get it I suppose

One builder I know actually said to me he switches between plasterers/trades regularly to mix it up a bit as they get too 'greedy' otherwise.. f**k**g ironic really.

I do my best to not work for them, and if I do I charge the same wedge as I do on my own jobs.. it does make it quite difficult keeping busy 24/7 though when you don't have consistent work coming in from regular contacts, I'd rather that than get mugged off by builders who don't appreciate how you literally polish a turd every time you work for them.. and if it wasn't for you they wouldn't be able to charge such extortionate rates, drive pickups, go on holiday 3 or 4 times a year to their holiday homes, be mortgage free etc/ etc/ .. not to mention always having to chase money from them. c**ts.

Mind you that's true of most spreads as well.

Job I’m on Andy, let down by 2 spreads, then the one I did get who was ‘really experienced’ quickly showed his true colours and I thought f**k this! I’ll happily pay for a good tradesman, but I’m not going to pay for someone who isn’t as good as I am.

Job I’m on Andy, let down by 2 spreads, then the one I did get who was ‘really experienced’ quickly showed his true colours and I thought f**k this! I’ll happily pay for a good tradesman, but I’m not going to pay for someone who isn’t as good as I am.
Can you imagine the trouble I used to have to get guys to f&s with s&c to a really high standard on site? So many could talk the talk but very, very few could walk the walk.