Plastering over lining paper?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have taken the paper of yourself, ive never known a plasterer come in and strip walls before plastering....! just saying

Good shout Annie ................ but as this is a council property I'm sure all preparation work will be down to the council operatives/contractors - with the exception of moving/removing furniture. Even that may be a struggle for some disabled/elderly tenants :RpS_thumbup:

Ahhh thought he said it was his gaff...well what can you say when council are involved....apart from complain complain complain..lol

It's not just stripping paper, a demo team goes in and takes flooring up, takes paper off, pulls loose plaster out, strips all old units out.

And with the bathroom, they will do same, take tiles off, take floor up and take suite out

It's not just stripping paper, a demo team goes in and takes flooring up, takes paper off, pulls loose plaster out, strips all old units out.

And with the bathroom, they will do same, take tiles off, take floor up and take suite out
They will have to have meetings before an ass is scratched

Good shout Annie ................ but as this is a council property I'm sure all preparation work will be down to the council operatives/contractors - with the exception of moving/removing furniture. Even that may be a struggle for some disabled/elderly tenants :RpS_thumbup:

Sounds like a job for Mr Hillside :RpS_cool:

Yea I work for council so new they would strip it or so I thought!!! But yea after I moaned I got it over boarded and then skimmed apparently they couldn't get the lining paper off but I no it was a lie on labourers part just laziness but all sorted more or less now I latex me floor now as they said they wouldn't and I just couldn't be arsed to argue

Sounds to me like you are both of the above.
I personally try and keep 'in' with all other tradesmen, you would be amazed at what rewards a close working relationship brings.

Always try to remember that the toes you tread on, on the way up are attached to the foot that will kick your @ss on the way down!

As for sending fellow tradesmen on a 'wild goose chase', which will cost him both time and money, says a whole lot about your character. I'm so glad you live a long way from me!

Have a go at being 'nice', you could find it as better place to be.

What do you mean by tradesman with regards to a handyman who is master of none?!

I personally try and keep 'in' with all other tradesmen, you would be amazed at what rewards a close working relationship brings.

Always try to remember that the toes you tread on, on the way up are attached to the foot that will kick your @ss on the way down!

excellent advice .....

Yea I work for council so new they would strip it or so I thought!!! But yea after I moaned I got it over boarded and then skimmed apparently they couldn't get the lining paper off but I no it was a lie on labourers part just laziness but all sorted more or less now I latex me floor now as they said they wouldn't and I just couldn't be arsed to argue
so did they dab over lining paper or baton walls and screw?if dabbed then that's not gonna work is it??

Battoned don't worry I soon pointed that out but seen as they didn't self level the floor all units are pissed and from far left to far right there is about a 15mm height difference so one side is packed out with skirting I'm not happy

Haha as above not a clue unfortunately I was at work so didn't get to give any input but believe me it's shoddy it's a small kitchen didn't have time to adjust doors draws floor **** no doors or door frames yet mmm basically they fit 8 units (pre assembled) and 2 lengths of worktop in 7 hours lol

When I was in my council flat I had a new kitchen installed.
The guy that did it was one of the lazyest coonts on earth and in the end I told him to fook off and finished it myself.
No lie it was nearly 2 weeks before I lost it with him it was only a 6* 6 kitchen

Battoned don't worry I soon pointed that out but seen as they didn't self level the floor all units are pissed and from far left to far right there is about a 15mm height difference so one side is packed out with skirting I'm not happy

self leveller is a myth mate.. its a self smoother... doesnt level the floor, just smooths it out...

Cassie I see your point to be honest just to get them to turn up now would be smooth enough today a gas man connected the hob...where the other guys went is a mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.