Plastering over wallpaper

Members online

Join the club mate..
I normally send my lab in the day before to grit everything saves me the hassle lol

Thats exactly what we did... we would grit the night before get on the job for 8 and literally in minutes start skimming then when that was finished drop the boy off to skim the next one :D

It worked like a well oiled machine and also meant you could see the day before if the job was ready :D

Thats exactly what we did... we would grit the night before get on the job for 8 and literally in minutes start skimming then when that was finished drop the boy off to skim the next one :D

It worked like a well oiled machine and also meant you could see the day before if the job was ready :D

never heard such load of bollox in my whole life!!!

sometimes wonder how you clowns have ever made any money plastering!

think you need to learn about time & motion!

1 coat of 50/50 pva and crack straight on the walls being high suction is good! suction is your friend just drop straight back and lay in with same gear like putting a fresh 2nd coat on but loads quicker.

smaller hits and more of them in less time and job done!

all this driving here driving there your all F*****g mental!

never heard such load of bollox in my whole life!!!

sometimes wonder how you clowns have ever made any money plastering!

think you need to learn about time & motion!

1 coat of 50/50 pva and crack straight on the walls being high suction is good! suction is your friend just drop straight back and lay in with same gear like putting a fresh 2nd coat on but loads quicker.

smaller hits and more of them in less time and job done!

all this driving here driving there your all F*****g mental!

that mid life crisis is going to be the end of you..
I told you the other week you need a break ??
Go away somewhere nice and put your feet up..
Driving here driving there??
Do you here the voices in your head when you go to bed at night??
PM me if you ever want to talk about it..

If you blue grit it then skim it the skim coat will not penetrate the grit hense it will not peel..
I skimmed a whole house this way last year because the chip paper was welded to the walls and we had no chance getting it off..
Great time saver yes there will be some on here saying “rough c**t” but honestly I could not give a s**t because it works
O Are you having a f**k**g laugh, plastering over wallpaper goes against all ethics of the trade, what did ya do before blue grit came along, I have never heard such s**t and have yet to find wallpaper that wouldn't come off ffs.

the thought of paying for it twice is what u stick in his head then he ether loser with the ol wallet or harder with the graft. I used to hate wood chip but a painter showed me how to do it with one of them Stanley wallpaper scrapers with the offset head use it with a slicing motion it's gets anything off like butter just scrap patches and dot and dab it give him a garden gate guarantee then forget the friendship do a runner f**k all that noise hahahaha

Never had too much problem getting paper off. Spiked roller, paper tiger etc and just keep soaking it. Pumpy spray bottle with a lance and it only takes a few minutes to soak an average size room. Just keep doing it in between other jobs and it'll soon come off. Use steamer at your own risk. Can cause a lot of extra work if not careful. Getting paper off is one thing, dealing with the paste residue is next PITA.

O Are you having a f**k**g laugh, plastering over wallpaper goes against all ethics of the trade, what did ya do before blue grit came along, I have never heard such s**t and have yet to find wallpaper that wouldn't come off ffs.
Yes it does exist,,, some victoriana properties had a lining painted on top with shellac.

77EBE936-27B8-4A3A-92E5-A2D7B41E596A.gif

Plastering over the woodchip can be done PROVIDED the paper is firmly bonded to the underlying wall. If it is not, then the paper with a layer of heavy plaster on it will sag. Plastering also needs to be done by a professional (unless you want to do it yourself in which case it may well end up looking like woodchip!) and this can end up being very expensive indeed.

yep plenty of slims out there and wannabes not enough plasterers any knob can chuck it on, maybe even get it flat how long it last another story as for paper..... I just don't do it less they take it off or I'm charging to take it off I don't wanna know but that's the options I give. I just don't risk it coz it's my name. less I hate the c##t which case all bets off lol skim away lad