Plastering Shuttered Concrete.

Members online

Stevieo

Royal Spin Doctor
Gents (and @JessThePlasterer and @little G** bloke)

I've not done this before - what do I need to know about doing it? - the area was damp previously - problem with windows that's now been fixed. Is it a good or bad idea to use bonding to build it back out?

If the water ingress problem has been solved and the damp areas have dried out then bonding should be ok as that is what it is for.

If the water ingress problem has been solved and the damp areas have dried out then bonding should be ok as that is what it is for.

Thanks.

What about bonding to the surface when it doesn't have any sort of key?

Do I want glue in my mix?

Bonding is recommended for concrete but if you are unsure try one of the premixed bonding agents like gyp bond or blue grit Etc.

• Agree
Reactions: Djr
Bonding is recommended for concrete but if you are unsure try one of the premixed bonding agents like gyp bond or blue grit Etc.

Thanks pal.
This was up before blue grit, maybes 2001 or something, the place was built. To be fair, I've had some difficulty getting it off, it's stuck but good to the wall.

You reckon just bond it out and skim over as normal, then? I don't have to do anything special?

Thanks pal.
This was up before blue grit, maybes 2001 or something, the place was built. To be fair, I've had some difficulty getting it off, it's stuck but good to the wall.

You reckon just bond it out and skim over as normal, then? I don't have to do anything special?
Hard to say defo without seeing it but carlite bonding sticks to most things and is the plaster BG recomend for shuttered concrete .Just make sure there is no more water ingress .

Hard to say defo without seeing it but carlite bonding sticks to most things and is the plaster BG recomend for shuttered concrete .Just make sure there is no more water ingress .

ChuckNorris-960x623.jpg