plastering

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spurs

can i use a eagle grip feather edge to flatten multi finish dont want to buy speedskim just yet
:rolleyes)

You can only do this if the wall is already almost perfectly flat, otherwise you'll end up will loads of hollows everywhere. Remember to keep the feather edge tight and flat with the wall to prevent scraping everything off.

Last edited:
Hi Spurs,

I would suggest that if you are only planning on skimming, then use the feather edge at the bottom where the skirting line is (if skirting boards have been removed) because it will reflect badly on you if there's a gap when a chippy comes along to re-attach the boards. Apart from that, don't bother using the feather edge on the walls unless the client is paying you a premium to make them flat because general skimming should just follow the profile of the wall.

Best regards,

Minh

help,can you explain to me way after i scratch coat the walls and left for a few days.then when I come to trowel finish and finished the wall i can still see the s+c scratch coming through,have i put to much water on the wall to start?

help,can you explain to me way after i scratch coat the walls and left for a few days.then when I come to trowel finish and finished the wall i can still see the s+c scratch coming through,have i put to much water on the wall to start?

Spurs, can you feel the scratches or just see them? If you can feel them you have a problem. If you can only see them, then it's not a problem: it's perfectly normal for the outline of the scratches to show through the skim.

Last edited:
Spurs, can you feel the scratches or just see them? If you can feel them you have a problem. If you can only see them, then it's not a problem: it's perfectly normal for the outline of the scratches to show through the skim.
Why do you see the scratches minh

Why do you see the scratches minh

It's to do with the extra depth of plaster filling the scratch: it's drying at a slightly slower rate which is why it appears lighter in colour. The opposite happens with beads: the skim covering the metal is slightly thinner and appears darker in colour because it is drying slightly faster. Although, such features can't be felt by touch, the outlines seen by the eye make us think that there is a problem. Have I provided a satisfactory answer Sir Spunky? :)

Last edited:
quite proud of my self today, skimmed 64 sq m cuverd wall looked very good if i do say so my self. hows the {beader}tonight?

Excuse me, but what is a speedskim? I've not heard of this but everyone keeps mentioning it. Work on my own 99% of the time so out the loop. Ta

Get one,try it out and if you don't like it put it on e bay:RpS_thumbsup:

No it looks good, just saying that between that an a bullshit trowel maybe anyone could do it! lol. I pretty much just work in domestic houses so not sure it would be worth it really, can see it would be good on bigger jobs etc

Status
Not open for further replies.