Plastic trowels!!!!!

Members online

zombie

Private Member
Phhhh piss & wind!!!

Ok serious question am i missing a trick????

Had a lad on an extension this week that we couldnt get to for a builder. Called in yesterday expecting the usual disappointment.

Flawless, best work ive see in a long time tbh, noticed on the wibdow sill 2 very worn in plastic trowels so im assuming he finishes with them.

Painted areas looked mint, wet areas mint, even dried plaster looked mint!

Thoughts???

Phhhh piss & wind!!!

Had a lad on an extension this week that we couldnt get to for a builder. Called in yesterday expecting the usual disappointment.

Flawless, best work ive see in a long time tbh, noticed on the wibdow sill 2 very worn in plastic trowels so im assuming he finishes with them.

Thoughts???
maybe THE HOBO

Phhhh piss & wind!!!

Thoughts???
We use them for a final trowel or the nela finish is great if timed right

I've been thinking about them again, that and or mediflex as it's so hard getting consistent finish these days with the quality of gear, especially multi as we all know can make you look like an amateur.

Tried a plazi years back and couldn't get on with it, f**k*d up a few jobs enough to scare me from trying any of the new trowels.

Do they use plazi from start to finish? Or just towards the end?

This one gonna be one of those threads! So @algeeman can you go through it one more time for us?
1. Marshaltown
2. Speedscam
3. Mediflex
4. s*p*r*lex
5.plasiflex
Repeat steps 3,4 and five in any f**k**g order you like.
Did I miss anything? :sleep: :risas2:

Phhhh piss & wind!!!

Thoughts???
Was just thinking a few day's back.......
All this piss and wind and no alternative posts ...
Now you come out with plastic trowels , lol

The blokes a good spread , got his timings right

I totaly agree and im the 1st to say the trowel doesnt make the finish the spread does.

However im on a quest to see dried plaster walls look lime they did 20 years ago all 1 colour when dried and for the love if god i cant seem to manage that anymore.

Paints perfect, looks perfect wet, but dogshit prior to paibting abd it does my head in!

I totaly agree and im the 1st to say the trowel doesnt make the finish the spread does.

However im on a quest to see dried plaster walls look like they did 20 years ago all 1 colour when dried and for the love of god i cant seem to manage that anymore.

Paints perfect, looks perfect wet, but dogshit prior to painting and it does my head in!

However im on a quest to see dried plaster walls look lime they did 20 years ago all 1 colour when dried and for the love if god i cant seem to manage that anymore.

Paints perfect, looks perfect wet, but dogshit prior to paibting abd it does my head in!
cut down on your water when trowelling and always finish crossing in same direction with dry trowel or plazi

I've been thinking about them again, that and or mediflex as it's so hard getting consistent finish these days with the quality of gear, especially multi as we all know can make you look like an amateur.

Tried a plazi years back and couldn't get on with it, f**k*d up a few jobs enough to scare me from trying any of the new trowels.

Do they use plazi from start to finish? Or just towards the end?
Last trowel

Doesnt make a blind bit of difference weve finished walls with zero water and still look wank!

I couldn't agree more.. Infact some of the shittest walls when dried were with little to no water at all.. Looked fine at the end of the set, few days later looks horrendous.

I've gone back to using a fair bit of water as actually find it much more consistent.. Still looks pretty s**t when dry though.

Put on with mt
Lay in with mt

Tidy with plazi while wet. No pressure on trowel or will get ripples.

Leave a bit. Cross with nela/ox max.

Might get one and give it a shot.. Maybe couple of flattens with speedy then finish with the flex right to the end.

I feel your pain .I'm sure I never had this worry years back about wots it going to look like once painted. This week I've got two rooms to scim.walls only up to picture rail nice house.and then full redec by next Monday as going on hols.tuesday .

It is frustrating but we’re all here buying every variance of trowel under the sun but there’s too many variables to get it perfect every time. Supernelamax 3 or not.

We punish ourselves too much you know when you've trowelled up well what it looks like can be deceiving with crap boards/finish! I look sometimes and think bag of s**t but customer over moon and get repeat customers see rooms painted that look absolutely bang on! Even get told decorator said it was a pleasure to paint over decent work! So weird really were just perfectionists, gonna be looking at fking walls and ceilings all day! :ROFLMAO:

We punish ourselves too much you know when you've trowelled up well what it looks like can be deceiving with crap boards/finish! I look sometimes and think bag of s**t but customer over moon and get repeat customers see rooms painted that look absolutely bang on! Even get told decorator said it was a pleasure to paint over decent work! So weird really were just perfectionists, gonna be looking at fking walls and ceilings all day! :ROFLMAO:
and well into retirement /always look on the bright side

However im on a quest to see dried plaster walls look like they did 20 years ago all 1 colour when dried and for the love of god i cant seem to manage that anymore.

Paints perfect, looks perfect wet, but dogshit prior to painting and it does my head in!
I actually managed to get a uniform finish on a couple of weeks ago. Did the downstairs on the Friday then went back on the Monday to do upstairs and the downstairs looked immaculate. Did exactly the same with the upstairs and looked like s**t when dry lol thought I'd cracked it for a second