Polish on new plaster

Abzaaa

Hello my first post here so please be gentle. I’m a diy plasterer and been doing it for many years. I get pretty good results it’s flat smooth and easily paintable. But I’m wondering having seen some excellent plastering how do plasterers make it shine like glass. Obviously I don’t care too much for comments about it not being paintable as I paint over myself with diluted paint and it’s fine layered up.

I normally do two coats on a wall with different mixes and float off when it’s set finally using a large fence brush as a tidy up the edges. Whilst it’s perfectly smooth it’s never with a glass like polish. How do I achieve that. Thank you

Fence brush, wow.
Casper alert.

Anyway, timing during late stages along with a sharp enough or flexible enough trowel.

A razor sharp laying on trowel will do it (timed correctly)

Or if you're a bit faggy, flexy it up.

Proper fag will plazzy it

So I use a very well worn marshalltown 18 inch float 14 inch to put on and the larger ones to float off. What does “proper fag” mean? I have loads of cigarette breaks…do they help?

Fence brush, wow.
Casper alert.

Anyway, timing during late stages along with a sharp enough or flexible enough trowel.

A razor sharp laying on trowel will do it (timed correctly)

Or if you're a bit faggy, flexy it up.

Proper fag will plazzy it
What What Smile GIF

Find a fire exit. Rip the exit sign off the wall. Put a handle on it and go for your life!
Ah, unfortunately for you Two Tier Kier has announced that anyone (white) giving out this advice will be held responsible for any deaths in a burning building, even if it's not the one you removed the sign from.
Best hand yourself in young man.