Porous walls

Members online

dieselpower

Currently doing a bit of work on an old building, replacing wooden lintols with concrete etc.
It's an old stone building that has been roughcasted and painted years ago, obviously because water was penetrating the building, I know this now as some of the walls are bare for lintols replacement and the roughcast is all cracked so when the rain hits wall it soon comes through.
This obviously needs sorted so after all old roughcast is taken off does anyone have suggestions as to what to put back on? Could you rely on a bonding agent or would it be better with something mechanically fixed?
Some of the stone on outside that has been uncovered looks actually ok but repointing it I don't think will make it watertight and it would probably need sealer applied every few years.
Open to opinions..

Currently doing a bit of work on an old building, replacing wooden lintols with concrete etc.
It's an old stone building that has been roughcasted and painted years ago, obviously because water was penetrating the building, I know this now as some of the walls are bare for lintols replacement and the roughcast is all cracked so when the rain hits wall it soon comes through.
This obviously needs sorted so after all old roughcast is taken off does anyone have suggestions as to what to put back on? Could you rely on a bonding agent or would it be better with something mechanically fixed?
Some of the stone on outside that has been uncovered looks actually ok but repointing it I don't think will make it watertight and it would probably need sealer applied every few years.
Open to opinions..

Any pics of it so i can see what exactly your talking about

like this

Attachments

• SAM_0301.JPG
    SAM_0301.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 334
Any pics of it so i can see what exactly your talking about
Sorry never replied hail hail, only just getting round to chipping job off. I'll get some pics of what's under the old roughcast next week once I get going. Open to suggestions of best remedy to stop water ingress.. contractor i'm doing job for wants to go down krend wet dash route but after some research cement based is not the route to go..