Pre-blended render

Members online

bakes13000

Ladies and Gents,

I hope some of you knowledgeable bunch can help.

Background, i am a chippy by trade. I am building my own house and I had to have a warranty for the mortgage provider.
I want a normal sand and cement smooth finish the render area is about 250m2 , I am not a fan of silicone based renders.

I have used LABC warranty and within the technical guidance i must follow it states I must use a propriety pre-blended render system, I am struggling with this, i do not want to use anything other than traditional mix smooth finish. I have had a quote from cemex for about £170 a ton bag of pre-mix render. Is this my only option as it seems LABC will not budge and without there sign of I don't get the stage payments from the mortgage.

All advice and opinions appriciated

Thanks
Luke

alot of national builders are saying same.thing now. pushes the costs up. it so.they are covered more on crap labour who cant count ratios right.

try weber ocr or similar you will end up with same results

I’d not use Weber ocr , use vimark p16 instead, no cracks ,better quality product by far and get more m2 to a bag and it’s cheaper

What area of the country are you based if don’t mind me asking ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, based in aberystwyth, west wales. So a ocr system over a quality assured pre blended mortar ?

I’d not use Weber ocr , use vimark p16 instead, no cracks ,better quality product by far and get more m2 to a bag and it’s cheaper

What area of the country are you based if don’t mind me asking ?
@Vincey how much are you paying for this Vimark P16? PM me if you want mate. Thanks.

There was a dealer in liverpool but they don’t supply anymore. Deal with Bauwer direct as far as I know.
They’re really helpful Ste. Alex can’t do enough. Very pro active. Not like some of the miserable grunts in the builders merchants.

Tbh I’d rather deal with Alex direct @Rossi46 have you used parex ocr before tbh i never have but would like to hear a comparison opinion with that and p16 I just got gut feeling it would piss over that too tbf

Tbh I’d rather deal with Alex direct @Rossi46 have you used parex ocr before tbh i never have but would like to hear a comparison opinion with that and p16 I just got gut feeling it would piss over that too tbf
I’ve used parmurex which is their OCR. It’s very good stuff and a strong setter but it’s pricey as all Parex gear is.

Parmurex is a good product and reliable but you need to master it. Quite rubbery.

Vimark as said is good and Johnstones is the finest grain you will come across.

Maybe best seeing if the chosen product has a bba certificate if your architect is involved.

Parmurex is a good product and reliable but you need to master it. Quite rubbery.

Vimark as said is good and Johnstones is the finest grain you will come across.

Maybe best seeing if the chosen product has a bba certificate if your architect is involved.
If only it were possible to take all the information out of your head, develop it into a serum and inject it!

I'd not use Webber cracks for fun. There is good other bagged renders out there. Bagged render is sand and cement and lime.