Price for ames taping

Members online

arp87

Hi guys.
Looking for a bit of help. Been a long time since I've done any ames taping. I've been asked to price 2 full houses and I was wondering what are the going rates for ames taping these day.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers guy

Hi guys.
Looking for a bit of help. Been a long time since I've done any ames taping. I've been asked to price 2 full houses and I was wondering what are the going rates for ames taping these day.
Cheers guy
I'm not sure that there are any tape and jointers on here mate, what with it being a plasterers forum.

Hi guys.
Cheers guy
What I would do in your scenario is tell them that it will be a much better finish plastering it and really push for that. If they won’t do that due to price means they want it done cheap and if you’ve not done it for a while then I’m afraid you’ll end up losing money on it or working for a pittance. Work out how long you think it’ll take you, add you materials and day rate and go in that.

Doing domestic you do a bit of taping and i hate it. Its best done by machine and folk that do that kinda thing.

About £3.50-4 supply and fit or 2-2.50 labour only as a subbie

You have to be of decent speed as a taper to make money on 2 quid a meter because unless you employ someone to sand for you, you are losing a day week to sand

It fine on the big stuff but any linear stuff your finished on 2 quid a metre

Hi guys.
Cheers guy

You've been asked to price a house or
Are you a customer getting a price for a house

The plot thickens

The trick to tape & joint is to catch the edges with a very fine jumbo car sponge just before going off and avoid the need to sand.

Takes bit of practice but once sussed works a treat!

The trick to tape & joint is to catch the edges with a very fine jumbo car sponge just before going off and avoid the need to sand.

Takes bit of practice but once sussed works a treat!

Sorry to call bullshit but wiping edges down with a sponge, does not eliminate the need to sand.

How the hell would wiping the edge with a sponge, stop you from needing to sand a 28 inch butt joint or internals?

I’m fine mate. I was behaving.
Was raving at the Cream Weekender at the beginning of December. Off to Holland again this summer

nice :D

I did Victorious festival a little while back... not sure what we have planned for 2019