pricing jobs

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PWP

Just went to price a job how much should i charge for pva, skimming a bathroom including ceiling 37m sq in total. would need to float some patches and take off some tile adhesive on one wall apart from that it looks pretty straight forward. just started on my own intrested to know what would be a estimate for a job like this.

Are you supplying materials?
Is the suite still in?
Are you on your own?
How far?
Most important is it CASH?

thanks for the replies the suite is still in, i'd be on my own and supplying all the materials. and the jobs local.

charge for youre time mate inc sheeting out etc x youre daily rate and then add a bit cause bathrooms are a friggin mare!!!!!

id be going in about 250 for the day, metreage doesnt come into it on domestic work really, its just how long it will take you your day rate and materials.

I'd be looking for about 250 for that as well it's a days work.As its local i'd pop in evening before fill any holes in and PVA it up that way its all ready for you too crack on next day.

Where is up here ? I could earn over £400 per day on a rate like that. Or in other words £80,000 per year with 12 weeks holiday.

Kind of makes university pointless doesn't it.

I think I'd be looking at £250 but I'd need to see it cos bathrooms are fiddly and take more time because of it.

on 37 sqm plus patching i dont think eddies far off
you turn up get your kit off the van, have a cup of tea 9am, dust sheets and tarpaulin 11am(inc mixing area if outside)and taking off tile adhesive, 1st coat pva walls and patching 12am, have a break 3pm,  ;D 12.30 2nd coat pva and wait for tackines 1.00am, get a set on and if you can skim the lot 4 bags in a bathroom fair play cause youre either mixing outside or in the same room, so if you haven't you'll need to put in a half day the next day of which some of us charge a full day
so mat's is roughly
pva -10
m/f- 25
bonding-7
poss beads-5
=47
labour whatever you want i'd charge 350
so £397total
sorry ....god ive got alot of time on my hands! :D

We would be around £400 - £450. We normally charge £12 a metre for skimming and additional charge for bonding depending on how much there is.

dunno bout you lot but if its a small bathroom its only 2 little sets, any tile adhesive left on and i give it a tight coat of hardwall over a light pva, let it firm up and striaght on it with two coats...
id go in at 300 and get the job...domestic is too hit and miss to go in at top rate round where i am, id love it at 400 but someone else quotes it a 300 and i spend a day in front of jeremy kyle earning sod all and hes 300 quid better off....
really small bathroom and u got the option of hitting it in one set....
sink and bog still in and it can be a pain but if you got the option like iso valves etc..take the buggers out or get them to do it, dead easy....baths dont bother me at all, in fact you just sheet it over and use it for a hop up!
anyway you dont really wann be skimming round a bog and sink..looks crap...tell em...and if they look at you gone out invest in a 15mm pipe slice, some flexi tap connectors (1/2 inch) 3 of, one for the bog, two for the sink, get the ones with iso valves built in, you then get a stand pipe for your water....stick 50 quid on for the plumbing plus materials and tell em itll look like a newbuild instead of a rough refurb...always helps if they know what their paying for..makes you look pro too...

Status
Not open for further replies.