1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Pricing post...yes ...sorry

Discussion in 'General Lime Plastering Discussions' started by mikeadams1985, Aug 4, 2017.

1. mikeadams1985

mikeadams1985 Private Member

Just wondering what people are roughly charging m2 for lime render?
    Spec is saying we have to use a premixed/bagged render, Base coat at 10mm and top coat at 5mm.

What would people be roughly charging on a labour only m2
  2. Dropsalot

Dropsalot Private Member

It is never wrong to charge as much as you can for as much as you know.

I never do it on a price, always day work, always.
    Good luck.
  3. theclemo

theclemo Private Member

€100m2 over here
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Olican

Olican Private Member

Hi Mike, I've done a couple of these the last few years but never on a m2, a block price. Too many variables to consider. Price it and price it well I was told. What's the layout like?
  5. Olican

Olican Private Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wayners

Wayners Active Member

What you want to earn a day times the number of days to complete, plus materials = price.... Price divided by the m2 on job will give you the price you can quote I guess.. It's the only way I think...... Better than quoting a price per metre based on what you here others charge, then tring to work out how you will make a good wage killing yourself doing it. I made that mistake more than once.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. theclemo

theclemo Private Member

It will be a lot lot easier and faster using the prebaged. Get a machine in.
  8. theclemo

theclemo Private Member

But price it the same as handballing
  9. Arti

Arti Private Member

he lives miles away
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. mikeadams1985

Can you spray lime render? not aware of a machine for this?
    ive worked it out, it just seems expensive so was looking for some rough ideas of m2 from around the country see if i was in the ball park
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Olican

Olican Private Member

@Orangemachineman or @richardbrown posted a video spraying lime render once
    • Like Like x 1
  12. theclemo

theclemo Private Member

U can spray it no problem. U can get pre baged lime render. Takes a lot of work out of it. No waiting on the mixer 20 min to mix it. Or if u get the right sand a diesel machine will do it.
  13. theclemo

theclemo Private Member

14. mikeadams1985

15. pftmonojetman

pftmonojetman Private Member

Roman stucco is for exterior moulding work it sets quite quick
    • Like Like x 1
  16. mikeadams1985

well thats what i thought but they have specced it and from what i can see it has to be used.

using that stuff and to there spec thickness and labour its working out around £67.50m2 plus VAT

Seems f**k**g steep to me
  17. Orangemachineman

Orangemachineman Well-Known Member

Mike that's not really lime render.
    Message me as I've used a few different ones so know costs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  18. mikeadams1985

i've tried to tell them fella, thats used for in-situ running moulds etc.
    the company that examined the original render recommended it....which happens to be there product.....

with a set time anywhere between 15-40 minutes...i dont fancy my chances with it! haha
  19. bopper

bopper Active Member

Mike am local to you mate as you know I've not got down to see you yet ,but we charge exactly 67 m2 for pre baged stuff krend etc hope this helps mate
    • Like Like x 1
  20. hail hail

hail hail Private Member

Have you ever did it? Ive been asked to price 2 lime render jobs in the last 12 months but turned them down.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  21. t33ch

t33ch Active Member

lol, price a months physio in with the jobif I were you, and get it done quick whilst weather is cold.
  22. theclemo

theclemo Private Member

Yes good few times. Don't like doing it
  23. plaster man

plaster man Private Member

I have been doing lime render inside last few days it's nice to use floats up well but can be fast I do it on day work it's a lot slower kindof work then s&c would be hard to price you would have to price high
  24. Mouldyoldspudgun

Mouldyoldspudgun Well-Known Member

Bloke who tutored us at college used to charge 70 quid a yard finished, that was about ten years ago now, mind you that’s three coat work
  25. hail hail

hail hail Private Member

What you not like about it?
  26. Marshy

Marshy Private Member

Me and Big Ben will help you out pal if required
  27. theclemo

theclemo Private Member

It's s**t to rule and spread. Having to leave it so long between coats. And u need to mix it for 20min s**t like that.