Pricing post...yes ...sorry

mikeadams1985

Private Member
Just wondering what people are roughly charging m2 for lime render?
Spec is saying we have to use a premixed/bagged render, Base coat at 10mm and top coat at 5mm.

What would people be roughly charging on a labour only m2

It is never wrong to charge as much as you can for as much as you know.

I never do it on a price, always day work, always.
Good luck.

Just wondering what people are roughly charging m2 for lime render?
Spec is saying we have to use a premixed/bagged render, Base coat at 10mm and top coat at 5mm.

What would people be roughly charging on a labour only m2

Hi Mike, I've done a couple of these the last few years but never on a m2, a block price. Too many variables to consider. Price it and price it well I was told. What's the layout like?

What you want to earn a day times the number of days to complete, plus materials = price.... Price divided by the m2 on job will give you the price you can quote I guess.. It's the only way I think...... Better than quoting a price per metre based on what you here others charge, then tring to work out how you will make a good wage killing yourself doing it. I made that mistake more than once.

Can you spray lime render? not aware of a machine for this?
It will be a lot lot easier and faster using the prebaged. Get a machine in.

ive worked it out, it just seems expensive so was looking for some rough ideas of m2 from around the country see if i was in the ball park

U can spray it no problem. U can get pre baged lime render. Takes a lot of work out of it. No waiting on the mixer 20 min to mix it. Or if u get the right sand a diesel machine will do it.

the pre bagged lime has already been chosen by conservation so no chance of getting another product, we would rather mix ourselves but this is what we have to price for, pre bagged

http://www.l*m*-g***n.co.uk/products/lime-render/roman-stucco

Roman stucco is for exterior moulding work it sets quite quick
well thats what i thought but they have specced it and from what i can see it has to be used.

using that stuff and to there spec thickness and labour its working out around £67.50m2 plus VAT

Seems f**k**g steep to me

Mike that's not really lime render.
Message me as I've used a few different ones so know costs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've tried to tell them fella, thats used for in-situ running moulds etc.
the company that examined the original render recommended it....which happens to be there product.....

with a set time anywhere between 15-40 minutes...i dont fancy my chances with it! haha

well thats what i thought but they have specced it and from what i can see it has to be used.

using that stuff and to there spec thickness and labour its working out around £67.50m2 plus VAT

Seems f**k**g steep to me
Mike am local to you mate as you know I've not got down to see you yet ,but we charge exactly 67 m2 for pre baged stuff krend etc hope this helps mate

i've tried to tell them fella, thats used for in-situ running moulds etc.
the company that examined the original render recommended it....which happens to be there product.....

with a set time anywhere between 15-40 minutes...i dont fancy my chances with it! haha

lol, price a months physio in with the jobif I were you, and get it done quick whilst weather is cold.

I have been doing lime render inside last few days it's nice to use floats up well but can be fast I do it on day work it's a lot slower kindof work then s&c would be hard to price you would have to price high

I have been doing lime render inside last few days it's nice to use floats up well but can be fast I do it on day work it's a lot slower kindof work then s&c would be hard to price you would have to price high
Bloke who tutored us at college used to charge 70 quid a yard finished, that was about ten years ago now, mind you that’s three coat work