Pricing

djfleming22

Usually I am not bad at pricing and getting the job but lately I seem not to be getting the job, don't know if it's the price...... I always get on well with customers having been in sales for a number of years before plastering I am never to pushy with trying to get the job and explain to customers what the job will entail and let them know how long it will take etc .....priced a job bedroom 12 X 8 plastering walls and ceiling 2 walls were a bit rough so will have to bond them out first ....gave them price of £300 all in which I thought was fair .....customer seemed happy and it was her brother that gave her my number as he wanted me to do work for him later on so thought I would get the job ....she said she would call later to arrange a time.. heard nothing so sent a text and got absolutely nothing back .....this has happened a couple of times now so either my expections on price are to high or there's are to low .....

Usually I am not bad at pricing and getting the job but lately I seem not to be getting the job, don't know if it's the price...... I always get on well with customers having been in sales for a number of years before plastering I am never to pushy with trying to get the job and explain to customers what the job will entail and let them know how long it will take etc .....priced a job bedroom 12 X 8 plastering walls and ceiling 2 walls were a bit rough so will have to bond them out first ....gave them price of £300 all in which I thought was fair .....customer seemed happy and it was her brother that gave her my number as he wanted me to do work for him later on so thought I would get the job ....she said she would call later to arrange a time.. heard nothing so sent a text and got absolutely nothing back .....this has happened a couple of times now so either my expections on price are to high or there's are to low .....
i personally think the price has fell out the arse of skimming over the past few years,unless you have been recommended or have a great client base who will pay that bit more for a decent job off a tradesmen they will always go with the cheapest price a new customer,sometimes you overprice stuff as you are that busy and still get it also,bloody can’t win either way just the way it goes sometimes mate lol

Happens sometimes mate. Lost a few jobs last year when I thought I was on point with price. Always some t**t come along and massively undercut you.

your prices to low mate maybe think your a chancer / no disrespect

Yes in a day
Don’t tell them you’ll do it in a day, tell them about how you’ve got to go massively out your way to pick all the gear up night before because your that busy, and you’d have no time to get it in the morning cause you’ve got a right shift on to squeeze this in to get to your next job. If you say £300 they times that by 5 and add some on for Saturday then think your taking more money a week than the pair of them. Folk get bitter.

Had a plastering job few month ago priced it up at 3k and got it,few weeks later got a call saying another guy can do it for 1k!!guess how that one went?????

Don’t tell them you’ll do it in a day, tell them about how you’ve got to go massively out your way to pick all the gear up night before because your that busy, and you’d have no time to get it in the morning cause you’ve got a right shift on to squeeze this in to get to your next job. If you say £300 they times that by 5 and add some on for Saturday then think your taking more money a week than the pair of them. Folk get bitter.
Did explain that I was very busy and I would need to shift jobs around to accommodate her