Pricing

Members online

MIXERMAN

Wot is it with people these days . you tell them you will come round on way home from work .give them rough time . it's not good enough they want exact time.

Wot is it with people these days . you tell them you will come round on way home from work .give them rough time . it's not good enough they want exact time.
There’s some rude bastards out there mate! They seem to think that all we have in our lives is work. I phoned back a job that came in yesterday at 8pm and got told off for ringing so late hahahahaha! f**k**g alright when I’m still getting calls at 10pm. Luckily enough the nice customers out weigh the soppy f**k**s!

I give ballparks on all my jobs over the phone...overboard and skim average size room £700...then I see how they react. Weeds out the bottom feeders.

I had an architect for a project I'm doing recently...said projects about this size £4000...my heart skipped a beat for a minute...but then I thought if I have bullet proof plans and regs...then I will save later....I guess some people think this when they have there house done do the job once and well.

There’s some rude bastards out there mate! They seem to think that all we have in our lives is work. I phoned back a job that came in yesterday at 8pm and got told off for ringing so late hahahahaha! f**k**g alright when I’m still getting calls at 10pm. Luckily enough the nice customers out weigh the soppy f**k**s!
To be fair I wouldn't phone someone or accept calls from clients that late, unless agreed in advance.

I went to college with a lad who thought he was some kind of design guru, he did plumbing and was fairly crap but had previously been an arty farty designer. Called me to price a bathroom for him. Show up and the dick pulls out a Mac laptop in this 8ft square bathroom which needed floating and setting and proceeded to show me his “designs” on his Mac. Divvy sod had even done ones with brown walls to show me what a plastered wall looked like. Once I stopped laughing gave him quote heard no more. Customer called me direct 4 weeks later saying they had booted him as he spent all day doing digital pictures and talking the job but not doing it. Ended up doing it direct and earnt well . Moral of the story. If it looks like a dick it probably is a dick!

Everyone runs their businesses differently my friend. Personally 9pm is my cut off point! We are not in a 9-5 world.
Absolutely, I was just saying that 8pm is too late for me. About 6pm Monday to Friday is my cut-off point. I don't have a problem with text messages at any time or weekends as it's then my choice whether to engage in a conversation. Work life balance is everything IMO.