Pricing

Members online

Complete

I know most don’t want to talk about pricing but just wondered if anyone else had noticed an abundance of work lately and domestic customers willing to pay good prices? I’ve been creeping them up (started off at a decent rate) and still getting 90% of the jobs I price

I know most don’t want to talk about pricing but just wondered if anyone else had noticed an abundance of work lately and domestic customers willing to pay good prices? I’ve been creeping them up (started off at a decent rate) and still getting 90% of the jobs I price
You’ve got to get an idea of the customer and what you think they will pay . Try to avoid small builders unless you need the work . They are the worse they want you to work for f**k all because they want to sit at home and make off you

Think you miss understood my post mate. I’m saying that customers seem to be happy to pay the prices I’m quoting at the moment. I’m swamped at the moment and the phone keeps ringing so I’ve been putting some massive prices in and still getting the jobs
I don’t work for any small builders atm, they can’t afford me
You’ve got to get an idea of the customer and what you think they will pay . Try to avoid small builders unless you need the work . They are the worse they want you to work for f**k all because they want to sit at home and make off you
:coffe:

Noticed the opposite lately. Had loads of calls and people begging it for quotes only to be told they’ve had cheaper.

Best was 2 large artex ceilings over skim. Would require sheeting up, carpet covered etc. Coving up.

£240 with materials for both. Even told me who was doing it, googled em, 2 f**k**g doll monkeys from Derby. I estimate they’ll make £80 each for that. Pathetic

Think you miss understood my post mate. I’m saying that customers seem to be happy to pay the prices I’m quoting at the moment. I’m swamped at the moment and the phone keeps ringing so I’ve been putting some massive prices in and still getting the jobs
I don’t work for any small builders atm, they can’t afford me

:coffe:
Can’t fault you mate get it while you can

Noticed the opposite lately. Had loads of calls and people begging it for quotes only to be told they’ve had cheaper.

Best was 2 large artex ceilings over skim. Would require sheeting up, carpet covered etc. Coving up.

£240 with materials for both. Even told me who was doing it, googled em, 2 f**k**g doll monkeys from Derby. I estimate they’ll make £80 each for that. Pathetic
I did 2 artex ceilings yesterday in Notts . Me and lad £350 inc gear . Sheet up and hoover after . Done for 1 . Felt a little guilty but customer gave me £10 tip too . I think it all comes down to the customers . This one was a semi retired guy who moved up from down south and thinks he’s won the lottery now he’s up north .

O not again a nother thread about money lol
It’s not exactly about money, more about the amount of work that’s there for the taking. I quoted a job today at £1000 where normally I’d have priced at £650 and even then it’s Only 2 days labour and £80 max materials so a decent price. She didn’t bat an eye an transferred £200 deposit off her own back. She couldn’t even get anyone to go and quote

I did 2 artex ceilings yesterday in Notts . Me and lad £350 inc gear . Sheet up and hoover after . Done for 1 . Felt a little guilty but customer gave me £10 tip too . I think it all comes down to the customers . This one was a semi retired guy who moved up from down south and thinks he’s won the lottery now he’s up north .

Tbf that's still a cheap price in many respects obviously depends on ceiling sizes

It’s not exactly about money, more about the amount of work that’s there for the taking. I quoted a job today at £1000 where normally I’d have priced at £650 and even then it’s Only 2 days labour and £80 max materials so a decent price. She didn’t bat an eye an transferred £200 deposit off her own back. She couldn’t even get anyone to go and quote

Where you live?

not too bad that mate. About the right money. When you going back to do the other one?

I learnt

a few years ago to keep prices high. If you charge double what the majority do but only get half the work then you’ll earn what you want but only work part time. Got to get the balance right

Heres another one. Five star plastering Birmingham that you @themucky1 ??

£280 for them 2. Minus mybuilder fee. Fuel. Materials. Sheeting up etc. Should be fuckign ashamed
F5390EC7-1BC0-4E24-BBA5-A2EB4DFE1A5A.jpeg
124F32C4-F9C7-4CAC-A6A7-160CF9CD2676.png
4FEC5B90-DCED-411F-97C4-88E672411DB0.jpeg

I learnt

a few years ago to keep prices high. If you charge double what the majority do but only get half the work then you’ll earn what you want but only work part time. Got to get the balance right
I know a lad who does that . Prices loads up at silly probably gets 2 jobs a week out of it but is happy with the money . Always see his can outside his house on the way home

It's been a strangely busy start to the year, loads of phone calls, some time wasters but 50 odd quotes since the start of the year. Could be because of uncertainty so more people choosing not to move, and do up their own houses instead? Either way not complaining

It's been a strangely busy start to the year, loads of phone calls, some time wasters but 50 odd quotes since the start of the year. Could be because of uncertainty so more people choosing not to move, and do up their own houses instead? Either way not complaining

Let me guess uncertainty due to Brexit!

f**k me yaaaaawwwnnnnnn!!!!

I wouldn't fancy it for that price and especially over what looks like pretty heavy artex. But still probably an 8-4 job and making £240 for the day, so £30 an hour

£280.

- £10 mybuilder fee
- £10 fuel
- £3 van tax n insurance
- £40 materials

anything else I’ve forgotten. 200 max profit for an absolutely minging day.

I wouldn't fancy it for that price and especially over what looks like pretty heavy artex. But still probably an 8-4 job and making £240 for the day, so £30 an hour

Disagree in a domestic your only likely to be able to hit 1 ceiling a day with furniture constraints customers would be unlikely to clear both areas in same day.

And I'd be f**k*d if I was clearing there s**t out of the way for them so in my eyes would be 2 separate visits regardless.

Let me guess uncertainty due to Brexit!

f**k me yaaaaawwwnnnnnn!!!!
How sales are down, that's the point :coffe:
£280.

- £10 mybuilder fee
- £10 fuel
- £3 van tax n insurance
- £40 materials

anything else I’ve forgotten. 200 max profit for an absolutely minging day.
As I say I wouldn't do it, but there's some silly f**k*d out there would probably do it for £150

Disagree in a domestic your only likely to be able to hit 1 ceiling a day with furniture constraints customers would be unlikely to clear both areas in same day.

And I'd be f**k*d if I was clearing there s**t out of the way for them so in my eyes would be 2 separate visits regardless.
I've done 2 ceilings in the same house 100s of times. If they say they can't shift the stuff I just don't do the job

Think you’re right. Thank brexit ay