Primer for HP12 K render base coat

Billski

Hi all,

Need to apply a base coat of Krend HP12 over some existing pebble dash render which was painted. The pebble dash is sharp and not like smooth pebbles.The render will not come off and it is fixed solid! I've taken as much of the pebble dash off by manually scrapping it with a claw hammer and have scored the render every 50mm with and angle grinder. Jet washed it all off and about 50% of the paint is off, the rest is solid on the render.The paint is like an oil based thick masonry paint. Will base coat render it and may mesh it. Just need to know what primer I can use on the old render as I'd like as much time as pos to get the base coat flat. Any thoughts?

Hi all,

Need to apply a base coat of Krend HP12 over some existing pebble dash render which was painted. The pebble dash is sharp and not like smooth pebbles.The render will not come off and it is fixed solid! I've taken as much of the pebble dash off by manually scrapping it with a claw hammer and have scored the render every 50mm with and angle grinder. Jet washed it all off and about 50% of the paint is off, the rest is solid on the render.The paint is like an oil based thick masonry paint. Will base coat render it and may mesh it. Just need to know what primer I can use on the old render as I'd like as much time as pos to get the base coat flat. Any thoughts?
K rends R7 is good

If I remember rightly hpx base sticks like s**t to a blanket might be better to use that ??