Problem with plaster - bumps and blowing

rebeccaa

Has my ceiling skimmed after I removed the wallpaper.

looked good until I painted it and I saw small spots every where. Also the plaster got small holes in two area (well like a blister I popped).

Got the same guy to do two internal walls. Same thing happened apart from the wall feels bumpy. I’m yet to paint the wall so I know the painting hasn’t caused the issues.

The wall was a bit dodgy to begin with - the plaster kept on blistering when I painted. New Polyfilla would fall of when I painted. So I removed as much that was loose and plaster PVA, left it a week and came back.
The wall looks ok - plaster is sticking to the walls I’m just concerned when I paint it will look bad.

Attachments

• 19C6288F-2F1E-4481-8159-28F3F98C4FEE.jpeg
    19C6288F-2F1E-4481-8159-28F3F98C4FEE.jpeg
    477.6 KB · Views: 1,735
Has my ceiling skimmed after I removed the wallpaper.

looked good until I painted it and I saw small spots every where. Also the plaster got small holes in two area (well like a blister I popped).

Got the same guy to do two internal walls. Same thing happened apart from the wall feels bumpy. I’m yet to paint the wall so I know the painting hasn’t caused the issues.

The wall was a bit dodgy to begin with - the plaster kept on blistering when I painted. New Polyfilla would fall of when I painted. So I removed as much that was loose and plaster PVA, left it a week and came back.
The wall looks ok - plaster is sticking to the walls I’m just concerned when I paint it will look bad.
What part of the country are you? Also how much coin did you part with for this work??

i think you may have contracted gype blight, best get down to your bg and get tested.

Has anyone noticed the dramatically downward spiraling quality of fake posts recently , I don't mind a laugh but It's getting rediculus
Night all

So you’ve prepped the wall for him to save a few quid and it’s not been prepped right.

you’ve removed the paper but left loose paint. So it’s bubbled. Should have let the plasterer prepare the wall.

2mm of skim won’t fix a Bumpy wall either.

So you’ve prepped the wall for him to save a few quid and it’s not been prepped right.

you’ve removed the paper but left loose paint. So it’s bubbled. Should have let the plasterer prepare the wall.

No I didn’t do any prep to save money. I didn’t remove the paper from the wall, there was no paper on the wall. The plaster prepared the wall.

She said the plasterer pvad it, came back a week later and skimmed it. It was his choice to PVA and skim, he'd seen the prep work that had been done and what state the walls must have been in.
Hardly the customers fault. The plasterer is meant to advise not just slap some PVA over some monstrosity

Yes I wanted to go to a specific forum for Plasteror’s. Must say there is defo a different vibe here.
Try the scaffolders forum

Even we're scared of them

Anyway, why do you want to know what screwfix people think?

Roger posts there and scum like him.

He’s already been back to do the ceiling

£750 for two ceilings and both sides of the wall
That's top money. If that's 2 average double bed ceilings and say 2 3 meter walls a decent plaster could do that in a day. day and half at most. To leave you that standard of work you've been done a treat, doubt you'll see him again

That's top money. If that's 2 average double bed ceilings and say 2 3 meter walls a decent plaster could do that in a day. day and half at most. To leave you that standard of work you've been done a treat, doubt you'll see him again

lol
@ top money