Problems with customers prep

Members online

almerasi

Been having a few problems at a job the customer has done the prep plasterboarding filling some chases and joints etc but now she' started moaning as one of the ceilings has dropped a little so bit of a line I said fair enough ill go over it again just to keep her happy now she' moaning that some of the walls arnt 100% straight where walls have joined they have filled it out and not bonded it out far enough but I don't know where I stand maybe I should have said the prep wasn't good enough but surely there's a bit of responsibility on there part aswell I plan on just going back and just doing these couple of jobs and not going back there to do anything else ... every trade has had troubles there they have damaged cable doing the boarding etc moaning at tiler coz tiles arnt perfect going over there prep also dunno where I stand

Yer I know what you mean trouble is with Facebook and all that just takes her to look my company up on there and start writing bad reviews or what ever trouble Is she stands there picking holes in everything then once you have finished rings you up about the stupidest things she was have an argument with the sparky because the led light bulbs they put in only last 2years!

I should have said the prep wasn't good enough

Correct.

Your choices were to turn the job down, or inform the customer that the prep wasn't good enough and price accordingly.

Listening to the customer saying that they don't want a rolls royce job isn't an option. What they really mean is that they understand that your starting point isn't good enough but they will still expect you to bury it.

Now your choice is pretty much to take it on the chin and do a good job because you can't win. If you try to price fairly now, she'll say you ripped her off. If you leave them the job they deserve, she'll say you're rough as fcuk. If you walk off the job, she'll say that you probably weren't good enough to do it.

You've been had mate. Do the job right, learn from it and move on.

Well I did spot most of them there was quite a lot I wansnt to know the ceiling was going to drop and I just got over the others the best I could I didn't know she was going to go round and be such a pain most people are gratefull for getting over it the best you can it's minimal things that a decorator would get over normally but she's doing it herself

Well I did spot most of them there was quite a lot I wansnt to know the ceiling was going to drop and I just got over the others the best I could I didn't know she was going to go round and be such a pain most people are gratefull for getting over it the best you can it's minimal things that a decorator would get over normally but she's doing it herself

Sounds like you need to tighten your ship up a bit mate. Leaving stuff for the decorator doesn't work on domestics. You're actually lucky that she's bringing it up with you now and not just painting over it, spotting it and going on Facebook to say she's not happy. Then you'd be fooked.

Come on 2mm of skim covers everything. ... we just done a job where he pulled everything. Even said he doesn' loke the tiles blaming tiled when he picked em . Only ones he never pulled was us....... Think i just got the just dont f**k with me look down to a t

Yer I'm not saying that but it's that small type of stuff
Take it on the chin mate.
Tell her she ain't doing no more prep work for you as this is where the problems stem from.
If she says no to you doing the prep work well then it's your choice to stay or go.
More than likely your going to end up being the big baddie in all this.

Customers like that should be shot at birth though there such a pain in the arse. Thankfully don't do work for them type anymore

Take it on the chin mate.
Tell her she ain't doing no more prep work for you as this is where the problems stem from.
If she says no to you doing the prep work well then it's your choice to stay or go.
More than likely your going to end up being the big baddie in all this.

Customers like that should be shot at birth though there such a pain in the arse. Thankfully don't do work for them type anymore

I had it at the beginning of the year. The job was miles away so I'd only seen photos of it. It was a place I wanted to go to though, for a bit of an adventure, so I took it.

Gave him a price but told him that any additional boarding or prep would go in at £150 a day and if I had to do ANY prep that day, I would be doing it ALL day.

As it stood, the guy was all right. Where there were problems, I pointed them out and told him the outcome if we went ahead and plastered as it stood. He either sorted it out himself or decided to wear it and everyone came away happy.

I said I'm coming back Monday first thing she said oooo I can' take anymore dust can't bloody win you either want me to re do it or not

I said I'm coming back Monday first thing she said oooo I can' take anymore dust can't bloody win you either want me to re do it or not
You should have said to her, there are only 2 things in life you cannot do without making a mess. build a house and have baby!

Been having a few problems at a job the customer has done the prep plasterboarding filling some chases and joints etc but now she' started moaning as one of the ceilings has dropped a little so bit of a line I said fair enough ill go over it again just to keep her happy now she' moaning that some of the walls arnt 100% straight where walls have joined they have filled it out and not bonded it out far enough but I don't know where I stand maybe I should have said the prep wasn't good enough but surely there's a bit of responsibility on there part aswell I plan on just going back and just doing these couple of jobs and not going back there to do anything else ... every trade has had troubles there they have damaged cable doing the boarding etc moaning at tiler coz tiles arnt perfect going over there prep also dunno where I stand
Tell them to f**k off@!! In fact bend her over and give her a good pounding even if she's ugly !! Make her other half watch while you do the deed

I read this post, all the back and forth and I was thinking to myself......” this lad needs a bit of advice from @marshy”.......(y)(y):whistle:

To the op.....the lessons learnt hardest are the ones you remember.

I get so pissed off when a customer says they will prep. I say that I'll give you 2 prices , one with me doing everything and a heavily weighted price with me just skimming. I am sick of s**t prep. I followed a lot of bad prep when the recession was on because we needed the work but that's history now.

another strange thread.....your gonna plaster someone elses plaster.
o_O
because its cheaper.
to get pulled ono_O
o_O
o_O
o_O

Tight spot! Get a list off her of what she wants them do a walk round point out what was her fault and what was urs..put it right then tell her to go f**k herself and never do work for them again.also.let anybody else who might work for her no how much trouble she is. End of the day u should hav sorted out the s**t prep 1st. Learn and move on...and dont forget to laugh at her when she rings askin for more work doin;)

Customers like this usually get a bad reputation them self’s iv had it in the past myself turned out when I spoke to a few other tradesman they were all aware of how much of a tit she was and all stay well clear

Customers like this usually get a bad reputation them self’s iv had it in the past myself turned out when I spoke to a few other tradesman they were all aware of how much of a tit she was and all stay well clear

I've only really had it once and that was when I was working for someone else. The t**t was doing a job for a government minister but for some reason, refused to show his face on the job.

What an asshole that guy was.

I later found out what he paid for the job and shortly after that, the boss was stood outside the factory he'd been after, puffing a big cigar.

So I was able to put two and two together.

Other than that, no significant problems.

I’ve had this a few times, normally guys of a certain age that think they can do a bit (in reality they got cheap black and decker tools and haven’t got a clue) I avoid these jobs like the plague now. Same as when they offer to mix up or help out in any way shape or form, all they want is a cheap job and it ends up being a ball ache so I just avoid it now. Even builders who get stuff ready can’t be trusted.

Does anybody know if he's f**k*d this bitch yet and pulled out and jazzed all over her annoying husband??

I’ve had this a few times, normally guys of a certain age that think they can do a bit (in reality they got cheap black and decker tools and haven’t got a clue) I avoid these jobs like the plague now. Same as when they offer to mix up or help out in any way shape or form, all they want is a cheap job and it ends up being a ball ache so I just avoid it now. Even builders who get stuff ready can’t be trusted.
Love builder who say its all ready . Then when you get there its i.ve just got a few boards and roughing to do . Which you end up doing as it would take them all day

Oh f**k**g Please! Who in their right mind would let a customer do the prep for them? Your Just asking for a s**t shower to open up right above your nugget!!