PTF g5 help!

Gibbyboyo

Hi guys me and a few boys have a ptf g5 render machine and are having problems with the render coming out runny/watery and the water pressure is down at 280-290. We had the water at 250 and the material was coming out perfect but then the generator sounded like it wanted to cut out. The machine was serviced and always cleaned and we have never had this problem before with years of use. Has anyone else had this problem? Cheers

Hi guys me and a few boys have a ptf g5 render machine and are having problems with the render coming out runny/watery and the water pressure is down at 280-290. We had the water at 250 and the material was coming out perfect but then the generator sounded like it wanted to cut out. The machine was serviced and always cleaned and we have never had this problem before with years of use. Has anyone else had this problem? Cheers

Hi mate,

Give us a call on 01242 236699 tomorrow and we can help

How far are you pumping

What material are you using ?
Using k1 krend. Been using it for ages and never had this problem. The pft guys said it could be the rotor and stator so we will try changing the twister on Monday but it's a new one that's on. It's a knockoff of a pft one but used them before and never had any bother

Use a d 63 soft stator and you shouldn't have any issues.

You're always better of sticking with Original Pft rotors and stators, the quality is always superior and the range of choice means you can always choose the most suitable for your equipment and the work your doing

Using k1 krend. Been using it for ages and never had this problem. The pft guys said it could be the rotor and stator so we will try changing the twister on Monday but it's a new one that's on. It's a knockoff of a pft one but used them before and never had any bother

So how dis you get on. Did you try a D6-3 soft stator

Sorry for the slow reply! We changed the rotor and stator to a PTF one and hey presto it worked! Looks like the knock off ones are no good. We also had a knockoff mixing shaft that wasn't any good. Thank God we changed it before any damage was done. I ordered a soft stator and we still have it there as back up but we just don't want to change it while things are running smoothly. Does the soft one make a big difference? Thanks

Sorry for the slow reply! We changed the rotor and stator to a PTF one and hey presto it worked! Looks like the knock off ones are no good. We also had a knockoff mixing shaft that wasn't any good. Thank God we changed it before any damage was done. I ordered a soft stator and we still have it there as back up but we just don't want to change it while things are running smoothly. Does the soft one make a big difference? Thanks

I would be interest to see why 'knock-offs' and non original would cause damage. In my 10 years experience in dealing with these machines I haven't seen 1 reason for it.

Great stuff.

The beauty of original PFT pumps is the HUGE range of rotors and stators available to choose from.

I tried knock offs years ago and they were s**t, so i always stuck with the original PFT ones

Well I've heard a lot of heads on the machines are being broken because of the knock off ones and our head looks like it's been slightly damaged because of the shaft. They aren't even the same length and leave a lot of dry powder inside then can twist and bend the shaft completely also damaging where head drops on to the shaft. The knock off twister just sent the material out like water yet as soon as we change to a ptf one it was great again.

It's the price of all the original parts that put people off for something that you need to replace quite regularly. I never knew about the soft stator as there's not much information about what each different one does. You learn something new everyday with these machines lol :loco:

Well I've heard a lot of heads on the machines are being broken because of the knock off ones and our head looks like it's been slightly damaged because of the shaft. They aren't even the same length and leave a lot of dry powder inside then can twist and bend the shaft completely also damaging where head drops on to the shaft. The knock off twister just sent the material out like water yet as soon as we change to a ptf one it was great again.

It's the price of all the original parts that put people off for something that you need to replace quite regularly. I never knew about the soft stator as there's not much information about what each different one does. You learn something new everyday with these machines lol :loco:

The d63 soft is about 40 quid plus vat and a bionic mixing shaft about 50 quid.
In fairness i think thats cheap. im not sure what knock of equivelant costs

If I am being brutally honest, I think whoever has told you this is offering awful advise and its a desperate/drastic marketing technique!

There are many manufacturers of machines worldwide, many of which by their R/S from Germany (not PFT) and many who make their own.
Many of these companies have their own version of the G4/G5 - such as M-tec, Kaleta, our own EZE, Mai, Utiform and many more. Majority of these use the exact same top motor and mixing mechanisms - none of these other bands use PFT R/S, Hauling brackets or even Mixing Shafts and they also dont have any issues with 'heads' breaking. Im not disputing the fact PFT machines and parts are high quality and very good, so please dont think that

I'm sorry, but I think whoever is giving you this information if just saying it to make sure you buy their own product. In all my years of dealing with machines and also dealing with many of the worldwide leading manufacturers I only ever hear these comments made by a certain brand dealer

Stick PFT, Utiform, Putzmeister, Mixer or any other make of R/S/Mixing Shaft on our EZE Machines and you wont have an issue, use our own EZE parts and you wont have an issue. If other parts are breaking heads on certain machines and they believe this is true, I would advise them to look at the strength of their own products as there isn't an issue with anyone else as I'm also confident, there isn't with theirs

The guys machine wouldnt operate properly with a knock off rotor stator, all he has done is replaced knock off for original PFT parts and the machine is running great again.
Hes said the knock off shaft is shorter.

I went down this route when i first started out and was advised by my PFT dealer that he wouldnt reccomend it.
I had problems with my machine .hard lesson learned and i stayed clear of knock offs since