Public Insurance

Members online

LarryTheDecorator

What do you think of public liability insurance? I've been looking at insurance for decorating (when I set myself up), seems so as you mention you have a record, the quotes clam up

Mines for 5 million, it’s minimum requirement on British gypsum certified scheme for any members

I can't get my head round that, how much damage can a bit of plaster do? Worse case it just drops on me head whilst I'm reheating a greggs pasty?

I can understand electrics and plumbing, I'm trying t understand why a decorator needs insurance? (happy to get it if I can)

Mines for 5 million, it’s minimum requirement on British gypsum certified scheme for any members

What do you think of public liability insurance? I've been looking at insurance for decorating (when I set myself up), seems so as you mention you have a record, the quotes clam up

I thought you were going for the prime ministers job

Tbh Larry public liability is not that much for sole trader you could go for 1 million for hundred odd pounds a year
Best to have at least that as s**t happens sometimes

been paying for it for nearly thirty years, never had to claim it thank f**k, but its essential as you may be asked to provide it when you are subbing to builders and contractors,

Depends , if your record says " insurance fraud " its not looking good
Mines about £80 direct line , never had a claim but you pay first £250 for spills and breakages , about £500 services ( elec and plumbing damage )

Mines about £80 direct line , never had a claim but you pay first £250 for spills and breakages , about £500 services ( elec and plumbing damage )
Yea i pay about the same with direct line.

Public n employee combined liability, both £10m cover cos 1 of main customer insists on it. Can't see it needing paying out that much unless I pushed fekin house over onto laberours sitting in bugatti verons !

I can't get my head round that, how much damage can a bit of plaster do? Worse case it just drops on me head whilst I'm reheating a greggs pasty?

I can understand electrics and plumbing, I'm trying t understand why a decorator needs insurance? (happy to get it if I can)
I went and quoted for skimming a house that had been ruined by a fire, worth about 750k. Electrician was working there and left his batteries all charging over night. Caught fire and destroyed the place. Luckily the owner and his family were on holiday but that's how huge claims can happen

Blimey, that's frightening

Whenever I finish up for the day, everything gets disconnected - I trust nothing as pretty much guaranteed something will pop while I'm asleep

I went and quoted for skimming a house that had been ruined by a fire, worth about 750k. Electrician was working there and left his batteries all charging over night. Caught fire and destroyed the place. Luckily the owner and his family were on holiday but that's how huge claims can happen

Screenshot_20190607-150416_Samsung Internet.jpg

been paying for it for nearly thirty years, never had to claim it thank f**k, but its essential as you may be asked to provide it when you are subbing to builders and contractors,
I do church work and have to pin certificate on public notice board in church no insurance no job

Which is fine until you kick a block off the scaffold and turn someone into a cabbage. What's that worth?

I think it's necessary to have public liability insurance here, recently I was constructing new building and I have to go with builder risk insurance as well...I know sometimes it's too heavy to pay for all this coverage but ultimately its make our business safe in the end

I think it's necessary to have public liability insurance here, recently I was constructing new building and I have to go with builder risk insurance as well...I know sometimes it's too heavy to pay for all this coverage but ultimately its make our business safe in the end
How much you have paid for builder risk insurance?
That's affordable compared to the price we have quoted here