pva

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1

sorry lads you have probably been here before but keep having problem with pva just checking im using the correct stuff.
I get my pva from wickes and use the non waterproof one to seal walls when i go to spread on it it goes back to its watery state ,should i be using the waterproof one .when i do a re skim over old walls usually have a 5;1 mix on wall first let it dry then go on with a 3;1 mix and when tacky start spreading ,advice please .

what goes back to its watery state? i use the same stuff never any problems i can only think your skimming on to wet pva and not let it go tacky or dry

what your doing is right, also pva is soluble when wet, meaning it goes back to its watery state.

also dont really do ratios, i just put a load of pva in the bucket and add some water stir it up, job done and i use that for both coats

i agree with trowelADDICT, forget messin around with ratios 3:1, 4:1 whatever, just chuck it in a bucket mix with water and roller it on .

Hello Mate
I use 2-1 and pre mix it at home so no messing around on the job, store it in 2 metal 10 litre cans so always got plenty in the van.
Johnathon

i find with the wickes stuff, if you mix it up a bit thick it just doesnt dry, or takes ages...ive found mixing it a bit thinner does the same job and dries a lot quicker...
evo stik do a cracking one, was gettin it for 8 quid 5 litres few weeks back from jewsons...

Status
Not open for further replies.