Quick advice needed (inc. photos)

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Bodger

I need to float and set this wall, kind of hard to make out from the photos below but the brickwork contains massive voids, my question is -

Is it just a case of filling the voids with s&c then foating out using hardwall or is there more to it?

Oh yeah and I cant dot and dab because the plasterboard would come beyond the level of the door frame.

Cheers in advance fellas

Hi cowboy theres no need two use two different products really, like you said just dub out the voids and float it out, suction may need to be sorted out before you start especaily if you use hardwall and make sure the black staining on the bricks is not soot cause you will have to treat that first

So the soot needs treating church? and I can just wack in a bit of hardwall to fill out the voids? PVA then float the whole thing out?

Sorry about the 20 questions but im supposed to be hitting this first thing tomorrow :-?

no the door will go back in the same place, if you set the timber back on the frame and dab to this, once you put your archy back on it will look sweet. It will take for ever to decorate if you float and skim it, plus less chance of it cracking.

yes cowboy either get it off with a wire brush, or paint it with a stabalizsing solution but youve probley no time for the stabalizer away , no need for pva use water to control the suction its cheaper too. i see what you mean now flynnyman ;)

By the looks of it the trunking to the right of the door will throw out the level to the lining so why not dot n dab and create reveals and bead it round?

Well I did suggest to the customer the possibility of bringing the door frame out a little via the addition of battens but they weren't up for it! Its an old house you see with old looking door frames that they didn't want f**cked with! furry muff I thought

Anyways, nice one for the responses - its cleared a few things up

good on the customer i say,after all we are plasterers ,not dryliners or falled carpenters or out of work artexers and this is a plastering forum .

Hi Mate
I take it you cantnt but a tight scratch coat of hardwall then the float coat !!!

PS
Yeeepeee just finished :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.