Re-building batteries/fuel cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

twitcher

Private Member
We all know that batteries for drills etc don't last that long and if both of them go, sometimes it's worth just buying a new drill.

Has anyone come across how to re-build batteries or getting someone else to do it rather than shelling out loadsa dosh for a new one?

Mate of mine reckons ECA in cov do it for £15 a battery. Think there's an eca in brumingham

Sell the drill on eBay without batteries I sold one last year £70 bought the exact same one from B&Q for £100 so I got a new drill for £30

bit of a late reply or thread revival - I rebuilt a makita 18volt NiMh battery pack with 3.8 Ah sub c batteries - was a basket to get right with 2 dry joints. cost was about £50 but couldv got 2 x 2.6Ah 18volt batteries for the same price after searching, and would have been less bother with all the faffing with stipping the the tin strips off the old pack to make joins not to mention shorting the barsteward and burning myself several times.
still expecting it to blow up but so far so good and lasts all day. just wanted to see if I could do it - now I know I can I wont bother again!

Status
Not open for further replies.